• poll: Which dress do you prefer

Lazaro 3201

Vera Wang Gemma

• Post # 17
    937 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: January 1975

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  Lazaro! It’s jaw-dropping. Has that major “WOW!” Factor.

Post # 18
    106 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  It would be cool for beading in the bodice – if only! And I totally understand about the plain Gemma. Not sure if you might have the same experience as me…but I’ve been to the NYC VW salon (over a year ago) and tried the Gemma there. The condition of the Gemma sample dress with blizzard beading wasn’t the best so the beading didn’t do much for the dress. I actually liked it without beading. However, I later went to the Boston VW salon and tried on both versions of Gemma again. Absolutely fell in love with the blush beading because the dress was practically new and the rosettes were better defined. It really GLITTERED! The version w/o beading while still gorgeous, fell flat at times when lighting wasn’t ideal. 

Howeverrrr, this may be moot. It looks like more bees love you in the Lazaro (its a stunner!) and I think you personally prefer it more. Go for the Lazaro and be bolder for your wedding! You’ll look fantastic.

Post # 20
    2842 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  I don’t know if this will help you resolve your dilemma, or make it worse, but have you considered Pronovias dresses from their 2014 collection? They have a few with the textured skirt a la Gemma/Lazaro.

I’ve posted Bee photos where possible as the Pronovias ones don’t really show the details.

Leire

Ontina

Duende

Leiben

Also Enzoani Hea

Enzoani Gillian

Post # 21
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  I haven’t decided yet! I’m definitely going to do a VW raw edge cathedral veil and probably an ivory grosgrain sash (like the model pic) for my ceremony. Then maybe switch to a crystal sash for the reception. As for jewelry probably statement crystal earrings. I’m altering the neckline into a sweetheart so I’ll likely do a bare neck. Still have some shopping to do on the accessories. 🙂

View original reply
    clairebbbear:  those are great suggestions and very pretty! are those your photos? If so, the dresses look lovely! any of those your wedding gown? 

Post # 22
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  forgot to mention, if you’re not sold on either lazaro or VW Gemma….try the VW Lillian with the mums. It has a lace bodice and lovely volumized skirt. Maybe you tried it on already? It’s stunning! Happy to share a pic if you’re interested. 

Post # 25
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  Here’s the VW Lillian! Beautiful, modern lace and dramatic but flowy skirt. I was deciding between this and the Gemma. The only thing about this dress I did not like was that you can see where the lining ends in the bodice.

Post # 27
    106 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    clattarulo626:  It was really close! Lillian was more sculpted – makes any girl’a body look great. But I wanted a more modern look – the tulle/organza did that better than the lace on Lillian. Plus the Gemma skirt is just so… amazing! The design of the skirt is a head-turner itself, but the subtle shimmer from the beading had my bridesmaids looking a second, third and fourth time!

Post # 28
    2842 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    bride2bebe:  no, none of them are mine. I wore a navy blue a-line! 

Those Bees all look way better than the models in their dresses though. You really do need hips for a mermaid!

Post # 29
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I was torn between VW Gemma and Lazaro 3201 also, but leaning towards Lazaro.  After reading all of these responses I’m torn once again.  Why does picking a dress have to be so hard?!  

I do think you look stunning in the Lazaro though.  All the dresses on this thread are gorgeous!

Have you choosen a dress?

Post # 30
    75 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2014

if you get the lazaro make sure to get the belt attached to the back of the dress that way the buttons and all the rest of the details on the back will be seen and there won’t be so much going on back there. I love love love this dress because of all the details and there are just so many different things to look at and it’s just so classy and timeless. I can’t tell you how many compliments I received or how much I myself really just loved wearing it! I had the cleavage area altered so that it wasn’t so open but other than thode two details, everything else was kept original.

did you end up deciding on a dress? vera wang ‘lark’ and ‘lillian’ are also really nice dresses with similar silhoettes and lace detailing. the ‘lark’ i believe has a lace overlay that I remember seeing one bride have removed and that looked amazing as well.

good luck! I’d love to know which gown you ended up choosing! 🙂 

The topic ‘Lazaro 3201 or Vera Wang Gemma’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors