Post # 31
- Wedding: May 2014 - Madison, WI
Remind your FI/DH to get his overnight bag out of his mother’s hotel room before she goes to sleep and locks him out. My Darling Husband had to walk around the next morning in his tux pants, socks, and white undershirt trying to get his bag back from his mother’s hotel room. #LFMWF
Don’t wait for your habitually late Bridesmaid or Best Man to show up so you can the rest of the girls can go out to eat breakfast before going to the salon. Just have her meet you there, which you’ll end up doing anyway. We all had to take turns running to the coffee shop next to the salon instead. Missed out on my Starbucks run that morning and our breakfast waiting for a Bridesmaid or Best Man who was over an hour late but kept saying she was on her way every 10 min.
Post # 32
Laurenplusalex: I second this one!
Make sure you try on the underwear you are wearing under the dress before the wedding! I got the cutest “bride” undies as a gift and decided to wear them on my wedding day. My dress was very flowy and light fabric and as soon as I put them on we all started laughing because you could see “bride” written in rhinestones across my booty through the dress. Thankfully one of my BMs had a pair of clean nude undies…
Post # 34
Great thread idea!!
My advice? If you plan on getting yourself liquored up at your reception, make sure your overnight bag is 1) clearly labeled so that family members can find it for your drunk ass amongst the 13434 other bags/boxes you’ve brought to the venue, and 2) packed intelligently with the things you’ll need right away on top (like your sexy lingerie and your toothbrush). Or, you could spend 30 minutes drunkenly pulling everything out of the bag and scattering it all across the hotel room before eventually giving up and passing out naked without brushing your teeth.
Post # 35
- Wedding: September 2014 - Merritt Winery
So following! These are great
Post # 37
Make sure the two tone wedding bands you buy from the US can be resized locally. Also be absolutely confident they are the correct size so you don’t have to spend and extra $150 sending the back! #LFMWM
Post # 38
1) If you are getting married on a deck and wearing stilletos make sure your heels don’t fall in the cracks.
2) Make sure you know where you are driving after the reception. We had a friend drive our get away vehicle (DHs jeep, his baby!) And we were in the back seat to get pics and after our friend got us out of the parking lot, my Darling Husband decided it would be better for him to drive since the jeep is finicky. So I sat in the back as my Darling Husband drove and his friend was in the passenger seat and we were driving down a mountain in the dark with no reception. We finally figured out where to go and we passed a couple of cops. They gave our decorated car with two men in the front seat and the girl in the back some weird looks!
3) Don’t be so focused on getting pictures that you can’t savor the moment. When I was walking down the aisle, I was soooo happy to see my Darling Husband but he was about to cry. I didn’t realize it though and just saw him kind of frowning/shocked. I tried to commute “telepathically” for him to smile by smiling even bigger since we were being photographed. Almost all my walking down the aisle pics are of me doing this RIDICULOUSLY huge smile. He told me later that he was trying so hard to hold back tears because he knew if he started, he wouldn’t be able to pull it together. That is pretty sweet!
Post # 39
iarebridezilla: you’re killing me. nearly in tears.
Post # 39
I have another one!
If you are lucky enough to have access to your venue days in advance and decide to bring carloads of decorations slowly over a fews days, don’t think that you can load it all into 1 carload the morning after with just your Darling Husband to help. Also don’t assume you’ve left enough time to load up said decorations and get home to shower/change before your gift-opening at your parents house. I arrived late and sweaty to my gift opening and had to borrow clothes from my sister.
Post # 40
Write a thank-you speech BEFORE you have to give the thank you sppech. #LFMWF #awkwardtimes #sorryiforgottothankyou
Post # 42
When waiting a little too eagerly for a wedding purchase, don’t stick your face in the glass panel next to the door every five seconds. You will inevitably do it just as the mailman steps onto the porch and scare the crap out of both of you! #LFM(very recent)WF
Post # 43
Oh, have to add one more – if you haven’t been the primary contact person for the florist, just make sure that he or she actually knows how many brides maids you have. Or you might end up with one bouquet for two girls… However, it might all work out if you have an awesome toastmaster that is willing to stress down to the flower shop and have it divided into two while he’s changing into his suit on the parkinglot outside the store!
Post # 44
make sure you husband to be has been taking his meds– or you will end up with a husband having a siezure during picture time, hitting his head on a table at the church and being rushed away in an ambulance before the ceremony starts. thank God the ER staff got him fixed up and cleaned his white shirt .no blood stains
make sure florist knows to blend in different flowered so its not a two tone bouquet with no flow
have cell phone numbers of all THE BRIDAL PARTY/VENDORS… so when husband to be was in the er. the bridesmaids and i were rushed back into the limo by groomsmen because we all look like a hot mess with mascara running down our faces and me falling to the ground in dress because of the worry. we were told to go back to the hotel and try to relax. so limo dropped us off and we thought the limo went back to the church to hang out with the guys… we get the call then hubby is okay and on his way back to the church. but we had no way of getting to the church. we couldnt get ahold of the groomsmen because i only had two numbers of the 5. and the two numbers i did have one was with hubby at hospital and the other cell was dead.. the girls and i were 15 minutes late to the wedding….(wedding would have been on time even with hubby’s er trip had the limo stayed with us)
Post # 45
make sure your wedding shoes are on your feet or at your venue … yea all my bridesmaids and i had flipflops on because we couldnt find the shoes we spent the day searching,buying,glitterizing when it was time to get married… they were found after the wedding and when the guest left the church…UNDER THE SEATS IN THE BACK ROW OF CHURCH!! big time fail.