(Closed) Learn to Love the Waiting!

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
Member
335 posts
Helper bee

Good message, I agree!

Post # 4
Member
1728 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Mouse217: Great post. this is how I feel about 95% of the time. The other 5% …well…we all have those days πŸ™‚

Post # 5
Member
3305 posts
Sugar bee

Save money for your wedding while you are waiting—-

Post # 6
Member
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Well said. I always say we have our whole lives to be married so enjoy each phase on the way fully. I’m ok with waiting and once I have the ring it will be a long engagement so we enjoy that as well. I know I will be with him forever so I see no need to rush.

Post # 8
Member
1013 posts
Bumble bee

@Mouse217: Great post.  This is how i’ve started feeling after Christmas.  Christmas made me crazy. Now i’m back to being ok.  And i defintitely have the “well i can wait, cause when its done…its DONE!” moments often haha. 

Post # 9
Member
115 posts
Blushing bee

@Mouse217:

Great post! Thank you for keeping me positive during this period of my relationship. This helps me focus on what being married really means and not focusing on getting engaged.

 

 

Post # 11
Member
1211 posts
Bumble bee

*Throws shoe at you* This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard! Aaaaaarrrrgggg. *Stomp. Stomp. Rage. Pout.*

Actually no you have a great point. I think with V-Day around the corner everyone is feeling a little extra antsy, I know I am. I agree that we should all just relax and try to make as much use of this time as possible, good post.

Post # 12
Member
1088 posts
Bumble bee

I agree!  My life seemed to get better once I found my happy waiting place. . .or maybe it’s because my life in general (school, work, etc.) has improved greatly over these past few months.  Either way I’m in a wonderful waiting place.  πŸ™‚

 

Post # 13
Member
20 posts
Newbee

You two love each other. Enjoy it. The better you handle the waiting, the more sure he’ll be in his decision to make you his wife. Smile

 
I love this quote!! It’s certainly going to help me when I get antsy (which seems to be more and more frequent recently!)
 
Thank you Smile

Post # 14
Member
515 posts
Busy bee

@Mouse217: I’m engaged but I read this anyway, hope you don’t mind πŸ™‚ All very good tips! But I really just wanted to comment on what you said about poppin’ out grandbabies. My mom has grandbabies already from 4 of my 5 siblings, plus my 2 step sisters have kids as well. But FI’s mom! OH MY. She is always, always, always making jokes about Fiance and I having kids and saying how badly she wants grandbabies! And then she follows that up by immediately saying ‘just kidding, we all know you guys are never gonna have any kids!’ and generally trying to get us to say what our plans are in regards to having them or not. It’s so funny haha

Post # 16
Member
1035 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Wonderful post! I’m impatiently waiting but maybe now I can try to remove the “impatiently” part. Went to a jeweler about a month ago (at my SO’s request) to show him what kind of style I want. I know the proposal is coming soon and whenever a big event comes around (our anniversary, Christmas, New Year’s—all within 1 month of each other— and now, V-Day), I think the proposal is coming, even though he said he’d never do it at such an expected time. I’m going nuts! But I think your suggestions and advice will help. And, let’s face it, as wonderful as this site is, it may be a little bit of torture until the proposal πŸ˜‰

The topic ‘Learn to Love the Waiting!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors