(Closed) Legal advice-Power of Attorney

posted 8 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I’m not sure about the form itself, but as far as the bank goes, it does have to be recorded with your register of deeds before the bank will honor it.  Also, you need to make sure that it specifically says you have POA for banking transactions.

Post # 4
63 posts
Worker bee

Call your state bar.   I know that my state bar website has a PoA form on it that is available to the public. 

And if your state bar website doesn’t have one, look at alabar.org….   

Post # 6
1480 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Call your state bar and ask if you qualify for legal aid services. In your case, I think it’s worth doing this through an actual attorney, because there is more than a mere possibility that the POA will be contested.

Post # 7
27 posts
  • Wedding: August 2011

What state are you in? I am an attorney in Washington, so my forms would only work here. Be careful with just buying forms. I really advise against it because many times, there is language in there that most people don’t understand the consequences of. Also with POA, they don’t control some assets, especially if you live in a community property state. The wife will have some control.

Just to do a POA should not me more than $200, if that. Try calling around or talk to the state bar association, as they have knowledge of some legal aid services or pro bono services that may help.

Post # 9
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@3M:i am so sorry for your loss. hope all of the legal stuff works out – you certainly don’t need any headaches with that.

Post # 10
5 posts

This form can be easily filled out and there is no cost other than just going to a notary. (Download)

The topic ‘Legal advice-Power of Attorney’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors