(Closed) Deleted

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 5
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I suggest you get a consult with a lawyer that does estate planning.

Post # 7
3885 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

The estate should reimburse you for any out-of-pocket expenses including those which you incur in trying to compel your father to respond. I would imagine they are not tax deductable unfortunately, but your expenses should come from the estate after legal obligations (i.e. any remaining loans or debt) and before the beneficiaries start getting their disbursements.

As for the filing with probate court, I’m not a lawyer, so I might be wrong, but I would imagine it would be best to file with whatever state their most recent income was recieved in. So if your grandmother was on social security, I’d file with the jurisdiction where she was recieving her social security checks.

The topic ‘Deleted’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors