Post # 65
- Wedding: June 2019 - Turkey
Oh yeah definitely. I have this one pair of leggings I’m spending my whole life in. Went to work, traveling, jogging, picnic, future in laws, anywhere. You name it. 😀
It’s got a fair amount of thickness and a body to it, so it’s not very different than skinny jeans imo. I’m mortified that something bad will happen to them though.
Edit:They’re Kyodan brand if anyone is interested. I’ve been wearing them for 2.5 years at least once a week, or even more.
Post # 66
- Wedding: June 2007 - City, State
I wear black leggings every single day. I’m not even sorry. I am a stay at home mom and I’m 87 years pregnant. I make sure my ass is covered. All I wear is black. Not just leggings, but clothing in general.
I find lularoe leggings to be absolutely hideous and the frumpiest things I have ever seen but if someone wants to express themselves that way, more power to them.
If I worked in a professional environment or had a “real job” outside of my house, leggings would not be what I wore every day. The irony of this statement is I went to the grocery store in black leggings and a black coat and the cashier asked if I was on my way to work. Black everything: making you look way more put together than you are.
Post # 67
Speaking of legging and tops, where do you guys find nice tops long enough for leggings that are skin tight, or look like a tent?
Post # 68
- Wedding: July 2019 - City, State
I voted that leggings are pants, but it really does depend on the material. All of mine are high quality and thick so there is no chance of seeing things you shouldn’t! I wear them to work 1-3 times a week (I do have a very casual office though, I wouldn’t do it in a more professional setting). They’re so comfortable and no, my shirt does not always cover my butt, so sue me!
Also, I’ve read the word leggings so many times in this thread that it now does not look like a real word to me anymore.
Post # 69
I shop mostly on Hautelook or at Nordstrom Rack. I’m a big fan of Go Couture tunics and Abound basic long sleeved tees.
Post # 70
I only wear leggings with long tops or long tunic sweaters. Or I will wear them with workout gear when I’m at home or at the gym. I would never wear them as work attire. I know they are very comfy and I love mine, but they don’t look professional enough to be worn as work attire. There are a few ladies in my office that wear them every single day, no matter what they’re wearing and let’s just say it doesn’t leave much to the imagination. I do have legging pants that I wear to work but they are PANTS and not as tight as spandex leggings. And never with short tops where everyone can see my bottom and panty lines. LOL.
Post # 71
Start paying attention when you’re standing in line from now on.
I was in line at the DMV recently and among 8 women, 6 were wearing leggings (I was one of them…)
Post # 71
- Wedding: August 2017 - Orange County, CA
I am a high school teacher and I wear black leggins (more cloth/jersey type than athletic type) 90% of the time with a flowy tunic top or sweater. I always make sure my crotch and butt are covered.
I will wear leggings-as-pants with shorter tops on the weekends.
Post # 69
i wear leggings but ALWAYS with shirts that cover my bits. i do not think they should be worn with short tops. thats just my taste.
Post # 70
Some of us don’t have a formal dress code. My work place is super casual and leggings are standard work attire for 80% of the staff( the other 20% are men) I am super comfy all day long until I get home and get even more comfortable by changing into a pair of even more comfortable leggings.
Post # 71
I don’t even own a pair of leggings. TBH, I hardly see the difference between leggings and thick tights, and that’s generally what I think they look like…like you forgot to put a skirt on or something. Toddlers wear leggings as pants, not grown women, lol…no offense legging ladies.
There are very few outfits in which I think leggings as pants work well, and perhaps are even more favorable to skinny jeans…but also, what happened to skinny jeans? Skinnies at least aren’t going to display a camel toe 😬 Leggings are usually that degree of tightness which distracts from the rest of the outfit…just not my taste.
Post # 72
- Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY
I can’t believe someone wore that to work! My office tends to lean on the casual side of business casual, but even on dress down days, leggings as pants are unacceptable! My initial vote was that it depends on the material, because some leggings are meant to be more pants-like, like jeggings or the leather ones. I only wear them as pants when I’m lounging at home or working out, and all of mine are a thick enough material that you’re not seeing anything through them.