Post # 32
I disagree about leggings being OK at the gym… But that’s mostly because When I lift, I seem to always have a horrible view of some girl chest down on an excersize ball bouncing up and down with her leggings straining.
Or, even worse, the woman at my gym who wears gray leggings and sweats through them all the time.
Basically, I’m sure you are fine, but I prefer loose clothing for the majority of gym go-ers around me!
(please note: this is meant to be a lighthearted comment 🙂 )
Post # 33
I love leggings (the REALLY thick kind) and look awesome in them if I say so myself.lol But, I usually wear them if I am going/coming from the gym. I feel like I am wearing nothing and they are so comfortable. However, I am like, a size 4 and you dont see through them so I think it looks decent. Eh..to each his own.
Post # 34
I think that it’s okay as long as what you’re wearing on top covers your butt and your crotch in the front.
And as long as they’re the correct size and quality to prevent them from becoming see-through
Post # 35
My daughter is 9 and wears leggings as pants. I think it’s ok until your 12, then u better be wearing a tunic to cover 🙂
Post # 36
In order of thinnest to thickest:
So, basically, you can wear yoga pants (and most of them are thick enough that you can’t see your underwear through them) and above without wearing a dress or shirt long enough to cover your crack. If you’re wearing leggings and below, PLEASE COVER YOUR LADY BITS.
Post # 37
This is a huge pet peeve for me. I think it’s gross, cover your butt!
Post # 38
I LOVE leggings. I’m actually wearing them right now. But I feel uncomfortable wearing them out anywhere. I don’t want anyone staring at my butt, haha! I’ll wear them as pants at home & around the yard, but I change into real pants to leave the house. I’m actually leaving in a few minutes so I’m off to change into my jeans.
Post # 39
I felt strongly against them for a long time…and then I got pregnant and my opinion changed.
Now I understand…
Post # 40
No, no, no, no, NO.
I don’t care how nice your butt is. I don’t need to see it or the inevitable camel-toe.
At least wear a long shirt!
Post # 41
Leggings and yoga pants are not the same thickness.
Post # 42
Oh, I’m not saying I don’t
wear leggings, I’m just saying it’s not a bad idea to cover your private parts when doing so. I have a few oversized tops, a few tunic tops, and a couple of cute sweater dresses that I wear with leggings all the time.
Post # 43
I am horrified by leggings as pants. I teach undergrad students and see FAR more of my students than I would ever ever ever want to even think about it. It’s absolutely horrid.
Post # 44
I work at a university and I if I had a dime for every time I saw a girl offending the “leggings are NOT pants” rule, I’d be SUPER rich.
My rules for ladies:
1. It doesn’t matter your size or how nice your butt looks. You’re still getting judged, especially if you wear them for something formal.
2. If you had money for tights or leggings, you have money to go to the thrift store and purchase a pair of legit pants. No excuses.
3. If you wear them in the winter, I will think that something is wrong with you and perhaps give you a five dollar bill so that you could afford some real clothing. Dress appropriately for the weather so I know that you are not homeless and my money could go to someone that actually needs it.
4. The only acceptable time to wear tights or leggins is under a dress or tunic that COVERS YOUR ASS. I dont need to see what kind of underwear you are (or not) wearing. I give passes to people in the gym as long as the tights are dark colored and you are not in a compromising position direclty in front of me.
5. Again, it doesn’t matter how skinny you are, how much you work out, or if you are Kim Kardashian. It doesn’t work and you are hurting my eyes.
Post # 46
hmm… I wear leggings all the time. Usually with a long shirt though. But yoga pants?!? Multiple times a week. I never realized that people consider them inappropriate haha. I guess I always put them in the same category as sweat pants. Oh well, good thing I don’t care about what other people think of my clothing 😛
edit: ya I’m going to have to agree with a few other bees, please explain the difference between leggings and yoga pants… Because other than the tight ankle this isn’t any difference.