(Closed) Leigh Jay Nacht Edwardian Setting or MoissaniteCo Eng161 Setting?

posted 6 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which do you think I should choose?
    Edwardian Replica Setting with 1ct Moissanite Center Stone : (47 votes)
    63 %
    Eng161 Setting with 1ct Moissanite Center Stone : (15 votes)
    20 %
    Eng161 Setting with 1ct Moissanite, but with Option of Changing to 1/2ct Diamond Later : (5 votes)
    7 %
    Eng161 Setting with 1/2ct Diamond Center Stone : (8 votes)
    11 %
  • Post # 3
    395 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 1969

I’m not normally a fan of vintage rings, but that first one (the Edwardian) is just gorgeous. I like that it’s pretty and a bit unique without being too ornate. Going off the photos alone, I voted for that one (and keeping in mind it’s more “you”). I also like that it looks more low set, while this MoissyCo setting looks quite high and pointy.

However, there is a lot to be said for how you feel when you try them on in person. When I went to try out different settings, I was shocked to find I absolutely loved a simple solitaire basket, a setting I have NEVER liked from online photos/videos. Even now, after finding a nearly identical setting at moissyco, I keep thinking “no, it’s not what I really want”, but in-person it was what I liked best.

Soooo, although I like the first setting best, if you like the moissyco one in person you might be happier with that. Good luck!

Post # 6
    3452 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I voted for the eng161 setting.  I prefer that one.  The first setting is pretty, but I like the 2nd best.

Post # 7
    3360 posts
    Sugar bee

The Edwardian ring is to die for !! Its really just so pretty ! 

Post # 8
    3063 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

I really prefer the prongs on the Edwardian setting over the Moissyco one. 

Post # 10
    34 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2002

Have a replica made of the Edwardian. It should end up a little cheaper. I fell in love with a setting from Leigh j nacht as well. It’s a little simpler than yours, but I had it custom made and love it.

Post # 12
    913 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I always prefer an integrated head to a peg head. I know you’ve decided against the LJN, but in your search for a setting, try for settings with an integrated head IMO!

Shared prong settings can be troublesome if you wear them with another shared-prong ring. The girdles of the diamonds are exposed and can rub against each other and wear at the diamonds and the metal of the rings.

The topic ‘Leigh Jay Nacht Edwardian Setting or MoissaniteCo Eng161 Setting?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors