Post # 1
October brides… anyone else feeling overwhelmed and stressed out? Cuz I sure am…
I feel like I have nothing done yet I know all of the big things are taken care of. I just have no idea where to start, or really what is left. I have a checklist, but I feel like it doesn’t cover everything and that I’m forgetting a lot of stuff…
Any advise? How are you guys feeling? Anyone have a two month checklist that they are willing to share?
*This freak-out could have partly be caused by my sending out the invites today. Made it sooo real. Like holy s*it, people are actually go to show up at this time, at this place, and expect a wedding. :S
Post # 3
Shame, don’t worry! It will all come together. You said all of the big things are sorted, so what remains on your To-Do list?
I’m also an October wedding, but I’m not feeling the stress. I’m living in one country (where I’m not able to do anything wedding related that isn’t accessible online) preparing for the wedding in another country, so I suppose I should be stressed. Maybe the fact that I’ve had to be a little hands-off has kept me from feeling too much pressure.
You know, checklists can be very helpful but some of the ones I’ve seen are excessive. Anyone trying to accomplish every little task that’s out there may well go mad. Stick with the key things that are important to you and your Fiance and let the rest go. Maybe that will help you feel more in control of the wedding, rather than the other way around?
Post # 4
I’m a september wedding, but last month I was working on actually getting to physically SEE all the places invovlved in my wedding, getting my hair trial (which didn’t go well) etc. I’m a destination bride though too, so it’s probably a little different.
Post # 5
Yay! So excited. I’m doing pretty good – just focusing on our playlist and buttoning up a vendor schedule – thank god for the checklists! I can’t wait to see everything come to gether, see everyone I love in one place, and to marry my fella. I’m also excited to be done with “wedding tasks” and to just live again – my apt has been taken over with C&B boxes and crafting supplies! Good luck everyone!
Post # 6
I am stressing out too. I don’t really have a checklist that would be any diff than yours. Bc mine is off of ‘the knot’…this month I just took care of my final consultation w/the DJ, scheduled final with the photographer, and I need to schedule one for the officiant. Also, making sure all attendant gifts are taken care of….I feel like most of the stuff got done at the 3 month mark for me.
I’m sure you’re fine, if you’re anythign like me you’re probably just starting to freak out about it a little.
Post # 7
Yep, I am feeling it too and freaking a little inside. I really got my act together in the last few weeks but I still have the following. Note I am planning from afar so some things just can’t happen until now, or a few weeks from now.
Can other Oct. brides post their to-do lists?
- final menu and rentals (yes we lost two caterers)
- hair and makeup trials (booked- waiting to receive veil)
- 2nd dress fitting
- final floral proposal
- write ceremony and vows (in progress)
- final song list for DJ (not due yet)
- pick up wedding bands (not ready yet)
- A MILLION DIY projects including guest book, escort cards, gift box, tablescapes, ceremony design (all in progress)
These are on my FI’s list meaning I will end up doing most of them
- venue insurance
- coordinate shipping alcohol to venue
- book our car!
- honeymoon (we know that we are taking a road trip to Upstate NY and Vermont)
- First dance and recessional song (we can’t decide 🙂
Hope this helps!
Post # 8
I just checked the knot’s list and it brought tears to my eyes (I’m at work though, so no crying at the computer!). I hate that list. According to the list, I’ve done 87 things and have 186 left to do! Ugh.
Some biggies for me:
- attendant/parent gifts
- send out invites (I’m later in October, so it’s ok)
- figure out the cake
- FIND AN OFFICIANT (yikes)
- get a whole bunch of maps for out of town guests
- make out of town bags? (I doubt this’ll happen)
- make programs (this has a slightly higher chance of happening)
- get cookie recipe from Grandma for favors
- talk to people about doing readings
- MUSIC. Kickass songs for ceremony and reception!
- find good, cheap(er) champagne for a toast at our house
- plant flowers in our backyard to make it look nice. pull out weeds. decorate with XMas lights.
- final fitting
- find shoes and a clutch
- find FI’s pocket square. it’s lost in our house somewhere.
- ‘babysitter’ for our cat. 100 people in our house and the cat won’t mix.
- get the right size ring for him. i keep getting it wrong.
- get on his health insurance
- order flowers from fifty flowers