I need to join in because everybody I know is tired of my gushing already.
– grills a mean steak – just like he did on our first date
– is the type to walk a woman to her car even though it’s a super safe neighbourhood
– is the type of person who immediately notices when somebody needs help. Even though he’s a big guy with a bushy beard and leather jacket, old ladies approach him when they need somebody to reach top shelves. When he witnessed a domestic abuse scene, he immediately stepped up to help.
– is kind and gentle. When one of the cats had a close call, he cried in front of the vet and then shared chocolate with the vet’s assistant against the shock. He has completely adopted my best friend (who is a few years younger than both of us) as his sister up to the point that he agreed to her moving in with us if her living situation doesn’t improve soon.
– is good with his hands. He can do woodwork and he can fix electrical appliances and computers. And my jewellery.
– was so adorable when we first got together – he just couldn’t wait to introduce me to everyone. Later, some friends told me how he’d had the biggest goofiest grin when he was telling them he had met me.
– never lets me doubt for a moment that he loves me. He doesn’t adore me, he doesn’t see me as perfect, he loves me – warts and all.
– communicates extremely well. I can get anxious and when we started dating I hadn’t completely worked through all that went wrong with my previous relationship and he was so patient and listened and talked until I was myself again.
– is not jealous of my group of male friends even though we are all phyiscally affectionate with each other (hugs and kisses on the cheek but definitely nothing else!)
– is not bothered by the fact that I earn more money which means he will later cut hours when we have children.
– tells me when I’m being overly dramatic (which does happen) and won’t let me boss him around
– realizes that I have different standards of cleanliness and does the chores I ask him to do without grumbling even though to his eyes things are already clean
– obviously – to me – is good looking.
There is more but I’ve got other things to do, unfortunately. I am such a lucky girl.