Post # 61
missviolet92 : It seems you have a problem with women who are frank about their attributes. That makes me sad but certainly isn’t going to affect me enough to pretend I’m someone I’m not. You seemed to miss the point of the post and so there really isn’t much to discuss. I well know there are many people who are uncomfortable with highly intelligent women. You may be one of those people. I cannot really tell from your post. My husband, however, is not threatened by my intelligence. That is one of the reasons I chose him. He’s a phenomenal person.
Post # 62
jannigirl : no where I live people can brag about you but you never brag about yourself. I’m not threatened by intelligence as I’m not an idiot.
An example is my fiance who has an mba and a 4.0 gpa. He is incredibly intelligent & not from just a business sense either. He probably has an IQ of 150. He never brags about this.
Actions speak louder than words & bragging rubs people up the wrong way.
I think you need some humility 😊
Post # 63
missviolet92 : Ah. There’s always someone who wants to put women in their place. I see you’re one of those. Ok for a man to be intelligent (and it’s ok to brag because he’s your SO & yoy had the good sense to choose him) but women should be humble. Ok. Glad you schooled me up.
FYI. The world ‘s full of uppity women like myself who can speak matter of factly about their attributes & who feel no need to apologize. Best get used to it. I don’t need to be self deprecating or “humble” (aka lie). You seem obtuse. And these posts made my husband laugh, because it just proves how uncomfortable people can be regarding intelligent women and that I don’t have to worry about that kind of treatment from my husband. Irony.
Post # 64
- Wedding: November 2015 - City, State
jannigirl : OK we get it, you’re intelligent… we got it the first 50 times you said it. This is supposed to be a thread about bragging about our SO’s but you’ve turned it into a not-so-humblebrag about yourself.
Post # 65
jannigirl : I don’t think she missed the point, you did. Every other comment here is about their wonderful SO’s, yours was primarily about you and your intelligence.
Intelligence is a wonderful thing and we should all be proud of our accomplishments and strengths and encourage each other. But you made a post on a thread about yourself being intelligent and didn’t even spell check it. When this thread was supposed to be about our amazing SO’s, you made your post about you.
Post # 66
Aww this is so sweet! My Fiance is just wonderful. I could brag forever, but here are some quick ones that come to mind.
- He loves our cat and puppy so much! It’s always sweet to watch him play with them, especially when he doesn’t know I’m looking.
- He’s brilliant at his job! He’s built his department from nothing over the last four years and now it’s the most prosperous part of the business.
- Yesterday at Easter, he pulled my mom aside to ask her for suggestions on how best he can support me as I deal with a difficult work situation. I love that he’s always trying to improve and respects my parents’ input.
- And because this story came up again yesterday – our first Christmas together, just two months into dating, he bought me my dream gift! Since I was 3 years old, every Christmas I asked for a Barbie Dreamhouse. I even continued asking as an adult – mostly as a joke. When he learned that, he went ahead and bought it for for me! A 27 year old man bought his new girlfriend a very expensive Barbie Dreamhouse. I was shocked! It’s even sweeter because it was the first year he had real success at work and he used his first bonus to purchase it. Now we’ll give the Dreamhouse to our future babies.
Post # 67
There is one big thing that I can never brag about IRL as it’s very personal. My FH had an incredibly tough childhood full of abuse and neglect, but he’s come out the other side as such as strong and self-aware person and I’m extremely proud of him. He didn’t finish high school but has always had good jobs and pushed himself, including moving abroad to a country where he didn’t speak the language & opening his own business there, and now going back to school to completely change careers in his mid 30s. He still suffers from elements of CPTSD, but every day I am amazed at how well he has coped with the hand he was dealt, and he is still always trying to grow and improve himself.
Then there are lots of little things – he always cooks for me (I hate cooking), brings me breakfast in bed, runs me a bath when I’ve had a long day, cleans the flat before I get home (mess makes me stressed), is great at DIY and fixing thing and is super patient when I have raging PMS.
He gives me space and freedom, and is really supportive when it comes to my career and business.
He tells me he loves me randomly throughought the day, like when we’re just sat in silence next to each other reading, for example.
He is MEGA HOT, with a jawline to die for, and the sex is awesomeee.
I could go on!
Post # 68
Awww this is cute 😀
My fiance is in the Army! He’s a mechanic on military planes, tanks, and helicopters, and he has graduated with honors every time he’s moved up rank! He’s so incredibly hardworking, sensitive, kind, and family-centered. My favorite thing about him though is that people look at him and they love him instantly and say to me, “It is so obvious how much he loves you” and to be honest, that’s the greatest gift. Every photo of us just is full of our love. It’s pure and beautiful. So much more than I deserve 🙂
Plus, he’s super hot. Those military muscles, tho. 😉
Post # 69
* He is incredibly smart and can talk about pretty much any topic
* He is an amazing father. I love seeing him with our kids. I honestly couldn’t ask for a more devoted father.
* He always gets me. Even when I show him my ugliest, most broken pieces, he always makes me feel loved exactly as I am.
* He has the most ridiculous sense of humour which perfectly meshes with my sense of humour.
* He has an uncanny sense of direction. Seriously, you could blindfold him, drive him out to the woods, spin him around 5 times, and he will still be able to point North. He is the human compass.
* He’s been my best friend for 17 years.