Post # 196
- I think there is something fundamentally wrong with mushrooms. Fungus belongs on your toes and should not be eaten.
- When I was younger, I desperately wanted to be an opera singer. Although I can sing, I do not have an opera voice. If anything, I have more of a broadway voice. Not to mention, I have terrible stage fright. If you’ve ever heard of a horror story about something happening to someone with stage fright – its most likely happened to me.
- I absolutely love to bake – my favorite is Red Velvet Cake. I will get into a full on argument with someone who thinks its just a chocolate cake with red food coloring.
- I was born on a farm outside of Pittsburgh but moved to north of Boston when I was in the first grade. I go back to the old ‘hood and can’t even fathom what my life would have been like if I had remained on the farm through school.
- I truly, honestly hate planning our wedding without Fiance by my side. He is in NC trying to finish his second of three total years of Grad school but it would be so much easier if he were here or I were there. There are things like Pre-marital counseling that we can’t complete being in two separate locations.
On a side note – I am having a great time planning the actual wedding. My mom has been a huge help! I just wish Fiance wasn’t so far away. I miss him terribly!
Post # 197
This post is so fun!
Heres my 5.
1. I used to be so shy in primary school, I literally would not talk to anyone except my teacher or my best friend. Now I am so loud you would need a roll of duct tape to get me to shut up.
2. I was badly bullied in year 8, to the point I would miss 3-4 days of school each week. Once a girl waited inside the doorway to the gym changing rooms with a can of deodorant and a cigarette lighter, and tried to set my hair on fire as I walked in.
3. I have bad party weather luck. On my 21st there was a freak hail storm with golf ball sized hail, that flooded my garage (where the party was being held) knee deep with icy water. It also blew away (!!) my backyard marquee and smashed so many car windows across the city that lots of people couldn’t come. Then for our engagement party it bucketed down all day, and we had to buy 4 emergency marquees to cover the backyard seeing 135 people came!
4. I sing, all the time. But especially in the car and the shower. Currently I love singing all the songs from glee. Apparently I sometimes sing in my sleep.
5. I’m obsessed with organising and decluttering. I love getting rid of stuff and aranging things. Today I will organise my pantry and get started on decluttering my wardrobe. Its a good thing Fiance is a hoarder, otherwise I’d run out of stuff to throw out!
I’ve never had red velvet cake! I’d never heard of it until I started on WB, but I have noticed it popping up at a few boutique cake shops here in Australia, it seems to have just hit our shores. I love baking, do you have a good recipe I could try?
Post # 198
WB LotR superfans unite! 😛
Me too! I’ve been doing it for 5 years now — and I just started working in a public library this year, where I got the chance to hold write-ins and stuff 😀 It rocked!
1 – I never rode a bicycle until I was 23, mostly because it’s hard to find a place that’s flat enough to learn on around here…
2 – I went to the second most liberal college in the US (according to the Princeton Review) (… how that changed me is a different story :P)
3 – My Fiance and I both have moonshine bootleggers in our family trees…
4 – When I was in grad school, I went crazy over bubble tea and pho (the Vietnamese soup), neither of which I’d had before. Now I’m nowhere near either of these types of deliciousness and miss them like crazy!
5 – The things I wanted to be when I grew up (in order of my age at the time): garbage man (so I could meet Oscar the Grouch), cowgirl, teacher, professor at Oxford (LOL yeah right…), child advocacy lawyer, English professor any ol’ where, children’s or YA librarian… and now I’m a public librarian, so at least I sort of ended up near what I wanted to be!
Post # 199
I will gladly share the RVC recipe with you. I will send a private message withe the recipe later tonight. Please just keep in mind that it is in “American” measurements (i.e.: cups instead of metrics).
Post # 200
Ooh! Can you share the tuna casserole recipe? I love tuna noodle casserole!! Always love to try new recipes! 🙂
Post # 201
Dude I totally do that too!!! I always think it’s a troll doll! It’s like one of those painting where is it two people kissing or a vase? LOL!
Post # 202
Thanks! In Australia we use cups too, metric cups and grams and litres etc. Its the UK that use grams for everything. I’m totally used to American recipes too, and can convert oz and lbs to grams in my head without thinking. Also its so strange that its night time over there. I just woke up!
Post # 203
- Wedding: June 2015 - Garden of the Gods
1. I am a gummy bear aficianado.
2. I might as well be on another planet when I’m asleep, nothing wakes me.
3. I love spicy food.
4. I would have 12 kids and be a stay-at-home mom forever if I could. No, I haven’t had #1 yet.
5. I absolutely love to make cupcakes. 🙂
Post # 205
These are so fun!!! I love seeing the weird things I have in common with other bees!
- Funfetti is the best cake ever. Nevermind that it’s just sprinkles added to regular white cake; it’s the BEST!!! (My wedding cake will likely be funfetti)
- Boy Meets World is the reason I am now friends with my best friend. Thank you George Feeney, Shawn Hunter, and Cory Matthews.
- I reallllly hope I have twins. I’m a twin and twins run in my family (both identical and fraternal are in my immediate family) so I’ve got my fingers crossed! Maybe I’m crazy….
- I’ve been a groupie to 3 different bands… none have ever made it to national recognition, but I’ve made a lot of great friends along the way!
- I was nominated as “Most Anal Retentive” in my high school senior superlatives… but didn’t win. It’s not anal retentive to need your markers in ROY G BIV order, it’s just sensible!
Post # 206
I am so jealous about twins running in your family! Ok, so this is a really weird story, but I was best friends with three different sets of twins while I was growing up and used to ask my parents if they would tell me where my long lost sister/brother was on my birthday every year until I was….12 or 13, no joke. I always wanted to be a twin, but alas I am not. And twins don’t run in either mine nor DH’s family 🙁
Post # 207
I’ll PM you the link to my blog since Im too lazy to type the recipe!! 🙂
Post # 208
I think I love you! I’m also a huge Firefly lover and more knowledgable in 60’s & 70’s music (born 86) than anything today. Good TV and good music pass by too quickly.
1. I have always wanted to be an psychologist but had given up because I do not have the drive for all the school that is involved. I wrestle with this often.
2. I am almost done writing a teenage fantasy/fiction book and am quite pleased with it (I had previously never gotten this far on any of my books). Now just to figure out how to get it published….
3. I think ketchup & cheese is a highly under-rated combination, it is amazing.
4. I am a HUGE nerd. I play video games often, play D&D (dungeons and dragons) when I can, used to play WoW (world of warcraft) but who has the time for it anymore, and could fix your PC fairly quickly.
5. Along with #4, I love learning! My bookshelf is littered with books on different religions and view points. I find it all fascinating. I could watch Discovery channel for hours.
Post # 209
1. Though you probably couldn’t tell by looking at me, I am an incredibly lazy person. In a perfect world, everyone would have 3 naps a day (after every meal).
2. I had never heard of or tried red velvet cake until joining/reading weddingbee in ’09 which actually inspired me to try it. my reaction was meh compared to the hype it gets online. .. which is weird, because I love chocolate.
3. If I can draw it that generally means I can build it (excluding spaceships and submarines).
4. I have a tendency to leave things half finished–not because I have no intention of completeing the project or because I run out of ‘steam’ — I usually just end up getting distracted by something else that I want to do or complete.. that or cheese, cheese is terribly distracting.
5. I prefer books to movies because books give me creative license, whereas movies are genreally a dictation of someone else’s creative license or imaginative interpretations–and inmy head I am usually thinking “you thought WRONG sucka!”
Post # 210
I also get very easily distracted by cheese.