Post # 16
Love this! I’ve been told it will be within the next 6 months, but I’ve heard that before. -__- Haha, we’ll see. If he holds to that this time, I’m thinking these possible dates:
Our 4 year anniversary on March 13th: 1/10
Easter: 6/10 (his second favorite holiday aside from Christmas)
My birthday (May 9th) or his (May 31st): 7/10
Planning a trip to Disneyland in between our birthdays, so whenever that is: 8/10
crossed fingers for all you bees. 🙂 <3
Post # 17
Hi 🙂 It has to happen within the next four months because we’re eloping in July, and he still does plan on proposing.
St Patti’s Day. We always do a big Irish supper for ourselves instead of getting drunk. 1/10
His birthday. We’re going out of town and going to a shooting range and plan to have a romantic weekend. 4/10
Complete surprise event, 9/10
I have no clue really! He’s away with his guy friends for our five year anniversary, and he hasn’t taken advantage of any big events in the past.
Post # 18
- Wedding: March 2016 - Surfer\'s Beach, Grand Cayman
We don’t have anything planned lol, i know its happening in the next 4 months but have no idea how or where, he’s great at surprises though. I did notice him inquisitively asking me if I’d rather go somewhere warm or to NYC when I mentioned wanting to get away, so maybe he will plan a trip? I think he will try very hard to keep it as discreet as possible, and I’m excited for what he comes up with!
Post # 19
Hoping it’s happening this year! We’re waiting for him to get a stable job before we get engaged, so I know it will happen after he finds a new job.
-Wine tasting in Napa Valley 1/10
-Camping in Red Woods 2/10
-Road trip on Oregon Coast to Seattle 2/10
-SO’s cousin’s wedding in Southern California 1/10
-My Birthday (Christmas Eve) 5/10
-3 Year anniversary 7/10
-Random day hiking 9/10
Post # 20
Oh my gosh can I half hi-jack this and do mine, but in a what I WOULD have thought before actually getting engaged? Okay, I’m going for it. hehe.
- Fiance and i moved to NY in 2011 after dating for 1.5 years<br />Proposing during the move somewhere along the road trip: 2/10 (I thought maybeeee, but not really)
- During our first vacation living in Syracuse, to NYC (2/10 again)
- In 2013, we went to Idaho to spend Christmas with our families. I saw a text of a family friend talking with him ABOUT DIAMONDS!! AND RINGS!! And he KNOWS I love Christmas (10/10. I was seriously POSITIVE IT WAS GOING TO BE UNDER THE TREE)<br /><br />In March of 2014, we planned a last trip to NYC. Earlier that week, brother in law told me how he was planning on proposing to his gf. I wasn’t upset or jealous or anything, they’d been dating less time but they’re also 29 and 30, whereas I’m 23 and Fiance is 28, so I figured that they deserved to go first. BUT I was sad. I had a breakdown to then Boyfriend or Best Friend about it. He gave me a long sweet talk about how he knows he wants to marry me, and is so sorry that I thought all these other times he’d propose, but he just really needed us to get settled and moved. Once we figured out where we were getting stationed and he was able to save some more, and blah blah.<br /><br />
- Trip to NYC FOUR DAYS LATER (0/10).<br />AND of course, that’s when it happened. I ALWAYS ruin my own surprise. I love figuring them out. And this was seriously one of the only times in my life that I’ve been surprised!
You really just never know! Let me also add in that I didn’t think my fiance could plan anything like that so thoroughly. He’d done ring shopping during a National Guard training weekend — the training was outside of Westpoint in NY, so he made the detour into Manhattan to go to Tiffany, then made sure to text me that morning and let me know it would be a really late day and he wouldn’t be home monday afternoon, but closer to bedtime. He called my dad to ask his permission from a friend’s cell phone because he was afraid I’d use his phone and somehow see a past call to my dad. He called my sister and asked her because she was getting married that year and he didn’t want to take any attention away from that and needed to know she was okay with it, and did that from MY PHONE after I feel asleep, knowing I’d never think twice seeing her name in my log. If you’d have asked me before the propsal, I would have told you that this man couldn’t plan what we were eating for dinner without me. They really can surprise us with how on point they are sometimes!!!
Post # 21
Jamichristine05: Hey, its great to hear this from the otherside of the proposal!
Maybe our men dont want to be too predictable (like yours not doing it under the Christmas tree)
Post # 22
I honestly have no idea what to do but just found out he picked up the ring. I don’t think he’ll hold on to it long, so…<br /><br />
Some random day in the next two weeks (I HOPE!) -6/10
Our 6th anniversary in August (doubt he’ll wait this long) -3/10.
I honestly have no idea what he is going to do.
Post # 23
Camping Easter weekend 0/10
Trip to NZ in April 0/10
My 29th Birthday 3/10
Our anniversary in Aug 4/10
Trip to Perth in late Aug 7/10
Random getaway/outing between August & December 8/10
If not by then… Then Dec-Jan if we travel up north 9/10
As soon as he ‘organises’ ANYTHING I will know something is up anyway.