(Closed) Let’s Predict the Coming Trends in 2010!

posted 9 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

1. intimate weddings
  2. diy cost effective weddings, no matter the budget
  3. a comfy casual sophisticated look
  4. a back to the basics type wedding, think your grandparents or parents wedding with the simplicity and focus on the couple and the marriage versus the centerpieces and the designer gowns…

Post # 4
865 posts
Busy bee

I am hoping all your predictions are true!

Post # 5
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I agree with you both!!

Comfort foods…mmmm… Can’t wait for that one!! I’m thinking mac and cheese, fried pickles…mmmmmmm hmmmmm!!!

Post # 6
45 posts
Newbee

Im hoping vintage will not stick around for 2010. I cant take that theme anymore

Post # 7
73 posts
Worker bee

I have to agree with being “over” vintage.

Post # 8
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

i actually haven’t seen in vintage weddings in person. i will see my first one on feb 19th, but the bride is vintage in everyday life, so she isn’t following a trend so to speak, it’s just her, you know? lol she’s adorable.

Post # 9
4485 posts
Honey bee

While it’s difficult to say, I imagine that the trends will be moving away from expensive, couture toward:

Budget weddings

Small guest lists (see #1 due to economy)

Comfort food instead of fancy exotic “special occasion” food

Mismatched bridesmaid dresses and accessories

Unnecessary extras and waste cut out

Modern weddings rather than vintage

Post # 10
7081 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Some of us love (and did) vintage weddings!  I hope it doesn’t fade away altogether.  To each her own 🙂

Post # 11
2779 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Mrs DG – I don’t think they [vintage weddings] could ever disappear entirely but I do believe that it will go out of fashion and a sleeker, more modern look could be a big trend in 2010.

Post # 12
683 posts
Busy bee

I think it’s funny that we “sick” of certain themes, or we think a theme is overdone, but we’re the only ones looking at weddings at this rate, while most of the public only sees 1-2 a year!

I thought to myself, “oh I guess candy buffets are on their way out….” I have never been to a wedding with a candy buffet. LOL.

Post # 13
1765 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I foresee smaller weddings, but done in more creative ways.

I also foresee the beach wedding becoming a smaller trend than it has been.

I think creativity and playful weddings, more childlike and fun, will start to take the place of vintage.

Also, I foresee big colors being purple, green, blue and pink, more bright tones. I think people are starting to use brighter colors as the recession continues… kind of a “cheery” thing.

Ahhh but I should add the disclaimer that I helped my fiance with his consumption spending and status thesis and other research he’s done for that… so I kind of have a clue about how some people feel about status items. I wish I’d told him to do wedding dress! Then I could really tell you how people are feeling… haha

Post # 14
937 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I’m a vintage fan personally, but I see more modern inspired weddings for 2010.

I agree with ember78 all the way on the mismatched bridesmaid attire. Also mismatched Bridesmaid or Best Man and Groomsmen parties as far as even numbers go.

Also as cinemaparadiso said, I think more childlike, and perhaps whimsical themes will be more popular. I think brighter and more vivid tones will replace damask and monochromatic colors. We’ll see less “traditional” color combinations too.

I think more of the anything goes mentality will take hold.

Post # 15
1901 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I agree that the smaller wedings will continue to be a trend. I also think the “unwedding” weddings will be more common with less of the traditions being incorporated ie: bouquet and garter toss, all the special dances, etc. Maybe I just think this because it’s like my wedding;-] We’ll see!

Post # 16
803 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

comfort foods

foods in mini

brunch weddings

less formal centerpieces, more focus on sprawling composit centerpieces

suits rather than tuxes

focus on paper products and stationery (thanks to SMP and oh so beautiful paper)

smaller guest lists (90 or less)

outdoor weddings

The topic ‘Let’s Predict the Coming Trends in 2010!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors