Post # 16
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Post # 17
366 posts
Helper bee

The first to holo rings were “then” and the solitaire below is now! 

Post # 18
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

My original set from 2010 (I still wear it)

my 10 year upgrade

Post # 19
Hostess
6519 posts
Bee Keeper

My “then and now” is a little confusing and convoluted. It’s been a journey of a few rings, as well as a few changes along the way. But (!!) I still have all my rings, and I wear them all, trading out depending on my mood.

So this is my engagement ring. It is around .53ct center and maybe around .75 TCW. Set in 18K yellow gold with platinum prongs for the center stone. I got engaged in the early 90s, so digital images were not a thing. This is a more recent picture.

This is not my original wedding band.

My original wedding band is a wider band. My husband picked it out intending it to be a stand-alone band. It’s around 6 or 6.5mm wide. 18K yellow gold on the inside of the band and the edges, and 18K white gold in the middle.

My 16 year anniversary ring. Center is .90 and (I think) E in color. I didn’t think I would ever forget the TCW, but I have — LOL. I think it’s around 1.5 to 2 …?? It is set in platinum. And my husband gifted me with a platinum band to go with it.

I still wear these together, but I also have a sapphire and diamond band I often wear as a set with this ring. My husband gave it to me for the first Valentine’s Day after his heart attack and surgery.

For our 18th anniversary, I did something I wanted to do for ages, and had the little diamond baguettes on my engagement ring replaced with blue sapphires. So this is how my engagement ring looks today:

Aaaaaand this is my 20th year anniversary ring. Purple-pink oval spinel, around 2.3 carat equivalent. The setting is 14K rose gold. I usually wear it alone, but very occasionally with a band.

Post # 20
73 posts
Worker bee

my original set including my 0.10ct solitaire in an illusion setting. 

ive had a few upgrades over the years but my most loved is this set upgraded to 18ct gold from 9ct as well. Also 0.5ct solitaire no illusion setting this time. 

Post # 21
1365 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - Turkey

I love this thread!!! I can’t wait for many a years to pass so that I can also have a before and after. But for now, we’re broke to change a single thing about our jewellery. ehehe 

Post # 22
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2013

My first ring as a married couple was a cheap SS ring that was less than $80. We knew nothing about jewelry and just thought this was good enough. We were also 18 and broke. 

this was a Valentine’s gift a year and a half after marriage and was my band for a long time since the SS ring kept tarnishing. 

My “official” ring after husband finished college! 

Post # 23
1068 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

My husband proposed (2014) with an oval CZ, poor guy thought it was a lab diamond which is what we had agreed to but he got douped by the verbiage used. I liked it and didn’t really care, he is a very generous man who provides for everything. 

This is my current ring that I’ve had reset twice (last reset 2019), it was his mother ring which he had originally planned to propose with but since all I saw was a crappy photo he could tell I wasn’t thrilled. Well ends up when I saw it months after our wedding I fell in love with the antique cut marquis stone (size was a definite bonus) and basically took over wearing it from then on out even though he told me I couldn’t wear it till our 5 year anniversary lol 

Post # 24
280 posts
Helper bee

Here is my original ring, a classic three stone that I loved! 

in recent years I was drawn towards a halo! So had anew set made:

I had my original ring remade into a pendent and earrings but never words the earrings so had them remade into RHR. 

Post # 25
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

My original solitaire

For our anniversary this year he had my diamond set into this beautiful double halo that I now pair with my anniversary ring he gave me on our first wedding anniversary. 

Post # 26
172 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve no pics to add but I think this might be my favourite Rings thread ever. Please keep them coming!

Post # 27
233 posts
Helper bee

My first marriage: he picked out a .33 carat solitaire in yellow gold, while I found at an antique store a sapphire and diamond alternating band.

My second marriage: we picked out a 1.11 carat lab diamond in a Verragio setting and a sapphire and diamond alternating band.

Post # 28
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

Post # 29
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
sunburn : That pear!!! Also as usual, your yellow diamond makes me swoon. X

Post # 30
444 posts