Lets see your "Then and Now" Rings. 2020

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 31
272 posts
Helper bee

This is the one that started it all.  I still absolutely love it and wear it as a rhr. then for my 10-yr, hubby got me my 2 ct solitaire then for my 20-yr, I got a Padparadscha sapphire, which I’m still over the moon for

Post # 32
6000 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
mrsaarthurhastie :  Thank you! I’m thinking of setting the pear in a rose gold halo. I have it as a pendant now but I never wear it since I don’t like necklaces, they make me itch. My problem is that I’m too rigid in my likes and dislikes. I love round brilliant diamonds, but only in D or E color. So I’d like a larger one than I have (2.2ct) but I refuse to spend that amount of money on a ring. My husband would have me committed. And I love my yellow diamond, even though my annoying son said it looks like pee.

Post # 33
547 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
sunburn :  Looks like pee! Oh my goodness kids say the funniest things! I think that the pear would look great in a slim rose gold halo, you could even do pink diamonds for the halo, I saw something similar from Diamonds by Lauren recently and it looked amazing. Do update with what you decide to do with it, though personally I love the setting that’s it’s in now! X 

Post # 34
2 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
mrsjsh :  LOVE this! So gorgeous!

Post # 35
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2021

I got engaged a few months ago but my fiancé and I had a hard time finding a wedding band that would match with the basket design of the sapphire ring. He didn’t realize it’s actually a cocktail ring when he bought it. I love it very much but it was gonna cost a fortune to have a custom band made with it. So we recently decided to get a new engagement ring from James Allen which will have a matching band. Making the sapphire ring into a necklace. 

Post # 36
1885 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

original:

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20181012183159595

most recent:

IMG_20190923_183853

Post # 37
1927 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

Your ring is GORGEOUS!!! 

View original reply
iceprincess1995 :  

Post # 39
1025 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

View original reply
ellyd23 :  We are ring twins!!!

Post # 40
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

View original reply
lovetwoloveme : thanks so much.  it’s a 1 carat round centre with an oval halo. The bubble and breath bands are 2mm diamonds.

Post # 41
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - The Oaks Lakeside

My husband and I just got married in September so I still have the same engagement ring but I did have a promise ring for a number of years before getting engaged. 

after 4 years of wearing that ring we got engaged with the most beautiful ring. We’re still young so we didn’t have a ton of money to pour into either of these rings, but we are planning on getting an upgraded stone at our 5 year anniversary. 

Post # 43
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
longtimemrs :  

I saw your original ring in this thread a couple of weeks ago, and was suprised by how much it delighted me to see another late 90s ring on here! I love upgrades, everyone should be happy with their jewelry, but I also love looking at a ring and being able to tell what era it’s from. Mine def says “BEHOLD Y2K.”  Also, your dragon ring is TO DIE. Amazing. 

I wore it for years as my wedding band, and still do when we go out. I always wanted a band to wear to work or just around, that I could put different colored gemstone and enamel bands with to change the look. Finally fell in love with a modern memento mori a couple of years ago, and I wear that as my band. I love that little skull, and no one ever notices it, which also delights me. 

Here it is with some cheap little half eternity (lol) bands I got to see if I liked it. I need to get the enamel/antiquing redone in the band.

Post # 44
Hostess
6519 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
skullybee :  Ha! Thanks so much! My engagement ring is definitely a 90s baby. My hubby and I got engaged around 1992. (I’m “old”. LOLz) I still love that ring. When we purchased the 16 year anniversary ring, we thought about taking the center stone from my original ring to use in the new one. But I couldn’t bear the thought of it being taken apart. I hadn’t realized just how sentimental I was over it until we got to the car, and I started crying. My husband looks at me and says, “This is silly. We will just buy a new stone.” LOL

Yours is lovely! It is definitely a big sister to my little ring.

I still wear my original engagement ring often. My only regret is that I didn’t have a band that “matched” it — not necessarily a matched set, but a band we purchased to go with it and wear as a set from our wedding. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Post # 45
438 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2022

My original ring was a mistake, there was a misunderstanding with the vendor on the prongs. So this was what my fiance proposed with, it was wrong, but he had my whole family here for the proposal so he just used it to propose with and then we sent it back. The vendor re-did it and it was better, but still not what I actually wanted and asked for… AND it was a moissanite which i thought i wanted.

After about 18 months, I realized I wanted a diamond, and since I was getting a diamond I would just re-do the setting to get what I wanted. So I bought the diamond from Erica at Love Affair Diamonds, and used David Klass to make me a new setting.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors