Lets see your "Then and Now" Rings. 2020

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 46
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - The Oaks Lakeside

View original reply
bpositive :  oh. My. God… I LOVE the new ring!!! I’m not usually one for more traditional styles (I.e. white gold and round diamond) but this setting!!! Particularly the prongs or style of holding the stone in is GORGEOUS!!!

Post # 47
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
longtimemrs :  Thank you! That definitely makes sense, about wanting the band. 

Post # 48
Hostess
6500 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
bpositive :  I know I’ve said this before, but I love, love, love your ring. Your first/”then” ring was beautiufl, but your new one is beyond stunning. Gorgeous picture, too!

Post # 49
Hostess
6500 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
skullybee :  You’re welcome! I feel silly still wishing I had been able to wear my original engagement ring as a “set”. I didn’t really want a stand-alone band and had always wanted to do a set. But my hubby picked the thicker band. I sound so ungrateful, and, really, after 20+ years of marriage, it’s not a big deal. I loved my wedding band. (And still do!) But I get that twinge every so often. Like I said, it’s silly. LOL

Post # 50
34 posts
Newbee

View original reply
longtimemrs :  No, I get it. I’ve felt ungrateful too, because honestly, I wouldn’t have done a diamond, and would have picked a lower profile, etc. Clearly I’ve grown super fond of my ring, but–for me–it was a bit of a beast, lol. But when we got engaged, we learned an aunt of his was a jeweler, and, I mean, discount diamond

That’s also when I learned just how common gem-quality diamonds are. His aunt sent a selection of emerald cuts in his budget through the mail. In a regular old white envelope, no padding. Just a white envelope doubled over and taped. There was hole in one corner by the time we got it, and I was terrified a stone might have fallen out. She was just so *smoking shrug* about sprinkling some damn diamonds in a damn envelope and sending them through the damn mail!

To this day, I picture her surrounded by cannisters of different cuts and carats, with a ring of measuring spoons in her hand. 

Post # 51
Hostess
6500 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
skullybee :  I love your story! That is amazing. I so wish I had a relative who was in the jewelry business. I would definitely take advantage of discount sparkly everything — ha, ha!

Post # 52
1051 posts
Bumble bee

What a fun thread! I originally had a 1.5 equivalent moissanite in yellow gold. I couldn’t bring myself to love it for some reason! Then I got a 10×8 morganite in rose gold which I LOOOOOVE! Now I also have a .53 diamond in rose gold with a half carat in side diamonds and am waiting impatiently for my matching band 🤣 husband doesn’t love the small center diamond in my new ring but I love it! He wants to upgrade me but honestly I’ve spent so much on rings over the years I’d rather have him get me a colored RHR if he wants to get me anything more. Like maybe…..a brilliant sunset colored padparadscha?? 😆

Post # 53
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2020 - Santa Barbara

My first marriage I had two rings plus lol I couldn’t make up my mind. 
first ever set. 

Second Set

Third set
my my current set 

and the one I just purchased 

Post # 54
123 posts
Blushing bee

Oh this is fun! 

My first couple of bands were tungsten ones I matched with the hubby.

The third, a cheap set (now missing the wedding band lol) of bad quality metal/diamond/sapphire.

Another attempt to be cheap and get a month we were married stone “pretty sparkly” in SS and garnet.

Moved back to tungsten bands (black and rose gold).

And then last year the most amazing thing happened and my completely against wedding jewelry hubby helped me pick out my first nice set. Moissanite and yellow gold. Then ANOTHER surprise, to add a little sparkle with a channel moissanite band, and yet ANOTHER surprise, my birthmaverssary gift moissanite band that I got about a month ago. 

Greedy me I’m now wanting (what I should have picked but my hubby isn’t partial to the look of emerald cuts) an emerald cut moissanite solitaire set with channel band (I am obsessed with channel bands, hands down favorite thing). 

And then the end all be all dream set.

Post # 55
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 1998

This was my first set, it was originally yellow gold with a 1/2 carat center diamond

and this is my updated and forever set

Post # 56
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’m so glad I haven’t been the only to go through a few rings before finding THE ONE! Photo on the right was my first full setting, photo on the left is my most recent, just changed the head on it, I kept my set. And last photo was my first engagement, a solitaire. The day we were wedding band shopping for my solitare was when I fell in love with the cushion cut. So we traded my solitaire in for the double halo cushion and got that set. Then shrinkage over time got real and I fell in love with non crushed ice cushions so I traded my 1.32 crushed iced cushion for my now 2.25 non crushed ice cushion.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors