(Closed) Letterpress Ladies: Somerset 500 gsm?

posted 8 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Holding up the 500 to the 300, there isn’t a noticeable difference in thickness. The 500 does have a nice deep impression and doesn’t bend as easily as the 300. But what it sounds like you’re looking for can be acheived by two pieces being laminated together and then printed. I’ve seen this process mentioned on different letterpress blogs.

Post # 4
524 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Hi, I remember talking to you about this earlier.

Did Mercurio say they won’t print on 220#?  I know you can otherwise send Mercurio your own paper (and you can buy 220# by the sheet a few places–Keldon paper comes to mind as being the least expensive).  They’ll charge the lowest, Strathmore price, i believe, when you supply your own.  You just have to send them some percent extra.

I originally wanted 220# too but decided it wasn’t worth the hassle.  Once I got (1) the invite card, (2) the RSVP, (3) the RSVP envelope, (4) the rehearsal dinner card, (5) the reception card, and (6) a belly band all put together, I don’t think it would have fit in the envelope if I had used 220#.  It was really substantial.

Also, if you PM me your address, I have some small pieces of extra 110# lettra and 220# lettra laying around and I can mail them to you if you haven’t gotten to touch them before.  Not to print on, just small samples.

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

There are some other options out there for you.  There is a 530g (200#) Legion Bamboo letterpress paper and a wide assortment of 100% cotton 2ply, 4ply and 8ply Rising Museum Board that makes for an unfortgetable invitation.  If you have any further questions please feel free to call me at 212-683-6990 x228 or email me at [email protected].  Good luck in your search.

Best,

Ryan

The topic ‘Letterpress Ladies: Somerset 500 gsm?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors