(Closed) letting a grad school know about another schools decision

posted 6 years ago in Career
Post # 3
Member
9916 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2013

Call.  What’s the worst that could happen?

Post # 4
Member
1625 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Definitely call.  We get those all the time when making admission decisions in our program and we can usually expedite an answer (you’re a likely rejection so don’t wait, or ‘hey we will make the committee know they’ll lose you if you don’t hear back faster’)

Post # 5
Member
2226 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I’d call the school that hasn’t responded to you mid-april and if nothing has changed, pay the deposit for the other one on May 14th. There’s really no harm in calling; it’s not like the admissions committee will be like “Oh! Well you want an answer?! No! You can’t join our fancy academic club then!”

Post # 6
Member
1075 posts
Bumble bee

I would call too, and depending on how much the other school wants for a deposit I would do that too just to be safe.  

Post # 7
Member
11747 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

just call, it’s not going to affect their decision one way or the other. 

The topic ‘letting a grad school know about another schools decision’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors