(Closed) Letting go of the negative… (aka, true colors & lessons learned…)

posted 8 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Awesome! While I hate that you had to go thru all this ridiculousness, I’m glad you learned from it and won’t let the negativity affect your wedding.  It will be awesome for you because of that 🙂

Post # 5
125 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Date twin – I almost broke into tears reading your post because we have dealt with so many issues as well this past year with family. It feels so good to know we are not alone. That said, you have inspired me to be as positive as possible these last few days and ENJOY the best day of our lives. Thank you, thank you.

Post # 6
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think it’s good to have clarity on things…it may not be the way we wanted it to go but to have clarity is priceless imo. 

Post # 7
311 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I am just reading this now but its so great to see how positive you became and how you took it all and turned it into lessons learned… Considering our nearly matching issues with Future Sister-In-Law, I am happy that you both got closure even if it wasnt what you wanted to hear from her.

I hope you had a beautiful wedding!!! Congrats!!!

Post # 8
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I know I’m late on responding to this, but I’m so happy that you were able to move away from the negativity and into the positive. You’re right, it’s not worth it to let these angry, negative, and unhappy people get you riled up. What I’ve learned is all you can really do is kill them with kindness, because even if you are straight forward and tell them like it is, they still don’t get it! I was in a similar situation as you with my best friend of 12 years….2 years ago, before I got engaged, she was close enough to me that I was considering having her as my maid of honor, along with another close friend. She was a great friend, but also one of those bitter single girls that has to let everyone know that she is single and unhappy. Well, when we got engaged, to make a long story short, she was upset that my fiance and I were spending more time together, and completely made everything about herself during what should have been a happy time for us. She is still a bridesmaid in my wedding, and so far no crazy drama, but I no longer consider her a close friend and have chosen to distance myself from her negativity….and you know what, I feel so much better just letting go and doing what’s best for me. I’m sorry this turned into a long thing, but I just wanted to say thank you and that I totally understand what you went through!

Post # 9
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Negative people feel uncomfortable around positive people…. Which explains why they have been picking at you so much…You sound like a wonderful positive person and they can’t stand it….Hang in and life will return the kind of wonderful positive things that you put out! 🙂

The topic ‘Letting go of the negative… (aka, true colors & lessons learned…)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors