(Closed) Lighting & paper lanterns for a 20 by 40 tent help

posted 6 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Oh…. I wish I had an answer for you!  I don’t know how you would hang lanterns from under the swag.  Can you ask the tent people how they would hang lanterns?  As for if it will be enough light; I guess it depends on the time of day and how much light you want/need.  Will it just be needed for people sitting and talking after dinner or will they have to be able to see to eat?  I don’t think the light from the lanterns will be bright enough to actually light up tables.  The candle light might do the trick.  What about stringing christmas lights around the edge of the tent?  We are having a tented ceremony/reception as well and I’m concerned about the light too.  Luckily we live quite north so the evenings are light quite late (until probably 9pm) in august.  So I hope the light from the lanterns/ candles and christmas lights is going to be enough.  We are having a 20 x 20 tent and I have 60 lanterns in 10″, 12″ & 14″. It’s probably going to be too many lanterns and I will likely tire of hanging them all up.

The topic ‘Lighting & paper lanterns for a 20 by 40 tent help’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors