Post # 1
We’ve all heard of these kinds of lists, and they’re usually a little longer than 5, but I wanted to keep it short and sweet. What are some things you haven’t done, but really hope to be able to, or find the courage to do, in your lifetime?
1) Fly on a plane – overcome fear of flying
2) Travel outside the U.S. (goes with #1)
3) Learn to play the violin
4) Substantial volunteer work for hungry/homeless
5) Learn professional photography
Post # 3
1) Go to grad school
2) Raft the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon
3) Raise kids with hubby 🙂
4) Start a business
5) Travel, travel, travel
Post # 4
I like this!
1) Bungee jump
2) Write a symphony or a musical (of course I’d have to acquire some talent first but.. well whatever this is an aspirational list)
3) Ride the Trans-Siberian railway
4) Go to Papua New Guinea
5) Publish a book
Post # 5
@ hello –
Bungee jump sounds way scary.. Right up there with flying for me. Eeep.
Post # 6
oh i like this!
1. have kids
2. retire early so i can…
3. travel the world
4. not be in so much debt (maybe i should’ve made this my #1 priority huh)
5. live in another state besides CA where i’ve been most my life.
Post # 7
i have a whole list of fun random things i want to do in my lifetime. most of it has to do with eating. lol.
1) travel to s. korea, japan, greece, italy, paris, australia, egypt, um…the world
2) sky dive [the guy has already told me i will be doing that by myself, but that he’s willing to watch. lol]
3) surf well enough to own my own surfboard
4) have a loving and satifying relationship/marriage with my guy
5) leave my mark on the business world
@okqueenbee, i wanted to play the violin too!
Post # 8
Well, it looks like we all want to travel!
@ tea – it is such a hauntingly beautiful instrument… I love to listen to it. That and the piano, but I have small hands. Definately not piano fingers.
Post # 9
I like this thread. Fabulous.
1. Get a PhD
2. Open my own business
3. Scuba dive
4. Learn to speak another language fluently
5. Live in NYC for a couple of years
Post # 10
@ okqueenbee – yes, which is why I haven’t done it yet (and probably never will! LOL)
Post # 11
Aside from like, get married, have children and live happily ever after, here’s my list:
1. Learn italian
2. Swim with dolphins
3. Backpack (or something a lil less minimalist like) Europe
4. Volunteer in Africa
5. Learn to box
I call this my bucket list and there are so many more things on there and I add to it all the time, I gotta get movin!
Post # 12
1. Have a job I love
2. Travel west of Tennessee!
3. Go to Europe
4. Get married and have kids
5. Swim with dolphins!
Post # 13
I’ve actually accomplished a ton on my list already. I’ve been to 15 countries and 25 states… I became a surfer, make a living doing what I love, am my own boss… I’ve been pretty blessed. These are one’s I’ve yet to accomplish. The first half of the 1st one should be accomplished this may!
1) Photograph Yosemite National Park and different african tribes. (I’m a culture fiend)
2) Do an excursion to New Zealand, Kayaking, climbing, hiking…. exploring it’s beauty
3) Take my Fiance to his dream, Rome.
4) Be a Hockey Mom
5) Move back to Texas, Houston preferably.
Post # 14
1. travel to all of the continents.
2. have a baby girl.
3. go to israel with my husband and kids.
4. get rid of my migraines and my fi’s crohns
5. sell my artwork
Post # 15
@KLP2010- I’m having my wedding at Yosemite Ntl Park! It’s soooo pretty up there:)
Sooo my list….
1- get a PhD.
2- travel (loose requirement, I just want to go to some new places like Germany, Japan, Egypt, Ireland…whatever strikes my fancy at the time)
3- live somewhere other than San Diego for at least 2 yrs (I’ve lived here my entire life, save for that month I “lived”/studied abroad in Paris 😉
4- be in an upper management role by the time I’m 30 and/or be an executive before age 40
5- learn to play the piano. And maybe own one.
I know my list is ultra conditional, but 5 things seems too limiting!
Post # 16
1) raise happy, healthy, NORMAL children – the older I get the more I realize… people are weird.
2) Sit outside a café with an enormous pastry and latte in Vienna.
3) tour Mikhailovsky Castle in St. Petersburg
4) jump out of a plane (skydiving)
5) buy a home I love