- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2011
It will help to begin with a little backround. I am a young Bride, 21 , and my Father who is only 40 and my step mom who is 31 are paying for my wedding. My dad makes 6 figures a year but is quiet the tight wad. ((I am NOT venting about this so please read on lol ))
So I had made a decision on a beautiful venue, and the down deposit had been made on it–I was excited ! One week ago I got a call from my father to share some suprising news. My stepmother is pregnant. At first I was shocked b/c they were not trying to have any more babies — I already have a 2 and 3 year old sister, and on top of that me and my fiance have a ONE YEAR OLD daughter… Then he breaks the other news , she is due within DAYS of my wedding date .
He also shortened my budget even more due to some hospital bills from my stepmom getting very sick. ((she has something called hyperemesis where when you are pregnant, you can’t keep anything down and it makes you very very sick)).
I AM FRUSTRATED. And I can’t talk to them about it because I know they would take it very personal and I don’t want the months until my wedding being full of grief and they have enough to stress out about without them making it worse.
So now onto the advice part:
I can no longer afford the venue I had picked and need to pick another date, I would not want my stepmother to be in the hospital as I am walking down the aisle.And that would put my dad at a akward place, walking me down the aisle when he should be next to his wife at the hnospital. That day would NOT be enjoyable to any of us that it would matter too.
The ONLY and I mean ONLY place I can now afford only has availabilities for a 2 thursday in August. I can not do September b/c the best man goes away to college and starts back Sep. 3. July is unavailable because I will be taking my NCLEX for graduating Nursing school and looking for a job, also July is usually very wet and muggy in Ohio , and I am having an outdoors wedding. August is truly the only safe month.
So now I am going to have my wedding on a thursday??!! I feel SO conflicted about this , but can not think of any other options. Will people think I am cheap? I know everyone that’s invited will still come since it’s only a list of 100 close family members, but will they gripe about it being on a thursday? Will it just be akward? I reallly need opinions. Also I do not know if I should plan for the beginning of August when my step mom is going to be weeks close to her due date or wait until the end of August when she will be recovering and caring for a newborn. And with my luck she will deliver early or late , but I still can’t help but stress 🙁
There’s not really the option that we pay for a different more expensive place b/c we are at our max limit already. We are shelling out $500 for my dress because my father only gave me a $300 limit. We are also paying for the invitations and cake. This will be hard enough b/c he is the only source of income , between taking care of our daughter and going to full time school I can not work.
I am really at a loss of what to do and have no one to talk to it about. Everyone else tells me that there’s nothing I can do but hope for the best, but this does not help ease my worries or help me make a decision on what to do !