(Closed) Little bride needs some help! Casablanca 2004. Neckline

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I am your exact measurements so I know how hard it is to picture a dress in your size. this dress though is beautiful on you, and would look beteer in your size. Not quite sure what you are asking but i also think that the 2119 is similar and gorgeous as well nd falls off the shoulder like yu would like…

Post # 5
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@Bethanybee:  I work at a dress shop  that carries Casablanca as a bridal consultant; I love Casa, they do great work! That being said, If that dress is that many sizes too big, the neckline will not be as wide on you when you get your dress in your size. I think the neckline will fit you more like the model. Casa is really good about letting you customize options, like a neckline, but that usually pushes out ship dates by a few weeks; you may or may not have time left based on your wedding date, so don’t assume you can do that until you contact the dress shop and have them double check with Casa! I think the neckline on the model on the website is lovely, and definitely does not look like a wifebeater; however, I agree with you that it does not look like it fits “off the shoulder”. 

I’m not sure if anyone at the dress shop explained this to you when you were in the dress, but take a look at where the seams that go down the front of the dress hit on your bust. They should cross over your nipple (to be anatomically accurate about it). To make the smaller size fit you like this, they reduce the pattern at the center front. This draws the neckline in towards the center, giving you the shape that you see on the model but not on yourself when you are in the larger sample. I’m probably not making any sense, but hopefully that helps you visualize it a bit more! Basically, imagine that instead of clipping just the center back to get the dress to fit you, you had clipped the center front and center back equally. Then you’d be seeing a neckline that is more closely proportioned to the size 0 or size 2 dress that you’re ordering. 

Whew… sorry… I think the simpler explanation than all of that is that the neckline will look more like what it looks like on the model on the website πŸ™‚ Hope that helps! For what it’s worth, that other dress is beautiful as well; I think either would be a lovely choice!

Post # 7
1647 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

Can’t wait to see it in your size!   I know how you feel about the dresses, I had the same problem.   I’m 4 inches taller than you ,but pretty much the same weight, I had a hell of a time trying to picture the size 10 or 12 dresses and how they would look in my size, even with all the clips it’s hard to tell with some models.

I’m glad you are able to customize, that’s really sweet!

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Bethanybee:  My Casablanca 2004 just came in this week! I wanted mine off the shoulders also. Did they customize it for you? I am wondering how it will look and if there is any way to customize it once it has already come in

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@kmv6:  I really hope it fits! I ordered a 6 evenn though they recommeneded I get an 8! but i lost weight so I hope its as beautiful as I am picturng it to be! What kind of veil are you getting? 

Post # 11
1880 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Ahhh, another Dallas bride – and another Casablanca bride too! I’m in Casablanca 2030. Mine should come in in the first half of March and I’m so excited. I did the custom measurements too and I too had neckline stuff I wanted to change (like you, I’m really petite – but my hip measurement was a 12 due to my butt – lol narrow hips but a lot of junk in the trunk if you know what I mean! – while my bust was a 4 and waist was a 6, so we were worried that the 12 bust would be difficult to alter down so easier just to have it custom cut, that way alterations will be easier). I really thought the Casablanca dresses were the prettiest. I didn’t see that one at the bridal shop but it is GORGEOUS.

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I ordered mine without trying it on in the correct size as well and just assumed it was supposed to be off the shoulder… If I would have known that it wasn’t, I would have had them fix it.. If anyone ends up getting it altered after your gown comes in, please let us know how it goes! πŸ™‚ I used to work at a dress shop and saw our seamstress work wonders, so my fingers are crossed that this can be done.

Post # 14
16 posts
Newbee

Please post pictures when you have the modifications πŸ™‚ I tried the Casablanca 2004 on today and was having similar-ish issues with the neckline although I wanted it to be more of a tank style because I was worried that the off-the-shoulder would keep bunching up, but please let me know how the alterations turned out! I am really considering this dress with a few modifications (and a more A-line style might be one of them). Beautiful dress even without the modifications, but looking forward to seeing it!

Post # 15
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I wore that dress. πŸ™‚ My dress size was somewhere between 00 and 0 and it was altered from a size 10 or 12. I had cups added, neckline taken out, a lot of length taken off and a bustle added. Here’s a few photos:

Hope that helps. πŸ™‚ It can be done, I was very skeptical but I had my heart set on this dress and it was the size they had then that I was trying on and alter it or find another. I don’t know how she did it, but you wouldn’t know looking at it. 

The topic ‘Little bride needs some help! Casablanca 2004. Neckline’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors