(Closed) Living w/ parents after wedding & I’m Okay with it. Anyone else?

posted 10 years ago in Family
Post # 32
2546 posts
Sugar bee

@helenberrycrunch: I’m jealous! We paid 3x that amount for a nice 2 bedroom. But that is not even in the city, we were just outside of it. Ugh, damn Massachusetts.

Post # 33
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

@Bostongrl25: We are right in the middle of our town. It’s not what you are used to, but it is the biggest thing around for at least 45 minutes of highway driving.

Post # 36
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I have had several friends to do that, and I cannot say I blame them one bit! If it’s available and ya’ll can still live a “married” life, then do it! And try to make it available so that your children will be able to do the same thing! 🙂

Post # 38
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@Bostongrl25: We live in Palm Beach, FL and it’s the same! We can’t find a decent 2/2 for under $1,300 just rent, not including utilities! So, my parents house we will stay 🙂 rent paid each month should not be the same as mortgage payment each month in my opinion, so we will deal with living with mom & dad for a year! I’m best friends with both of my parents and FH gets along great with them too. They want us to stay forever! (we won’t! LOL)

Post # 40
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@MrsMaine: So true!

We live in NY now with my FI’s parents because we’re saving up to buy a house in MA closer to my family. The housing markets in NY and MA are both insane, so we’re staying at his parent’s house for at least a year after the wedding to save up. We still pay “rent” and we pay for our food, bills and other expenses ourselves, but we’re saving a hell of a lot more than we would renting an apartment. I really don’t know how anyone can afford to buy without doing something similar.

Post # 41
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

@Future Couture: aww sad. We have a front and back yard. Virgil loves it. We share with the other three units, though.

Post # 43
12268 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@helenberrycrunch:hahaha that is not tiny.  I had my real estate licence for a little and did apt rentals.  Imagine less space than that, no in unit or in building laundry, no AC, no dishwasher, no garbage dispoal, no elevator…. for the bargin price of 1300/month.  If you want all those extras and a little more space, closer to 1800 to start.

Post # 45
12268 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Oh, and yes, there are parking spaces that rent for 400/month in areas of the city.

Post # 46
3683 posts
Sugar bee

@pinkshoes: I’ve heard higher than 400 a month for a parking spot in Boston!

For us to rent in a good school district with three bedrooms so my bonus son has his own room when he visits, was well into the 1500-2000/month range.

Our mortgage for a three bedroom colonial with a yard (albeit a small one) in the same town is less.

The topic ‘Living w/ parents after wedding & I’m Okay with it. Anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors