(Closed) Long story, short.. Venue gave my date away…..

posted 6 years ago in Venue
Post # 3
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Why does it matter that your ering is the birthstone of the month you get married? If you want an aquamrine ering, have an aquamarine ering. I think you’re reading way too much into it and making things way harder than they have to be.

Post # 4
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

No date at all in March? Or just not a Fri/Sat? You may have to get flexible and do it on a Thurs or Sun if having it March means that much to you.

Post # 5
46408 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

If they had your cheque, did you have a contract? Did you get any kind of receipt from them for your deposit indicating what the deposit was for?

Post # 6
2589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I dont mean this to be harsh…honestly.  But… having your ring not match up with the birthstone of the month your wedding is in?  First World Problems.

also not quite sure why a birthstone matters for a wedding…but either way, that doesn’t make it SUCK any less that they gave your date away…but, you can use this to your advantage, maybe demand a bit of a discount for the April date because of the inconvenience?

Post # 8
4125 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

I’m so sorry. This beyond sucks!

There are three options as I see it:

1: move the date to April.  So it’s not the March wedding you’d hoped for but as the PP said you should demand sooo much: a discount, free extras, etc etc.  If you want to do the “legal bit” in March I’d ask the venue to either cover those expenses or give you an additional discount from the venue price: if you’re not getting married there then it’s essentially a party and I don’t think you should be expected to pay wedding premiums.  You don’t want to spend the money on a courthouse wedding no matter how small the fee.

2: change venue.  This is what I’d do.  Do you want to trust your wedding to a venue who can’t even work out the deposits right?  Ask your current venue for suggestions, make them do some of the legwork.  It’s their fault you need to look for another venue, and even though it’s 11 months away it still needs to be booked asap.

3: move that date to the following year.  If you can’t budge on on either the March wedding or the venue then this is looking like the only option.  But beyond sucks!! πŸ™

Ultimately though, it sounds like your venue should take some responsibility.

Good luck!

Post # 9
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

That sucks that they gave away your wedding date! : / Totally understand being pissed off at that.

I would decide whether you want THAT VENUE, or your March wedding. Which one do you want more? Whichever it is, go with that one. I wouldn’t have two weddings a month apart. Seems kind of silly.

Post # 10
2589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@HeMadeMeWantTo:  ahhhhhh bummer. Well. Is it important enough to look for other venues?

I would definitely feel better about settling for April if I got a discount out of it though… its worth trying I think.

Post # 11
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

Can’t you select a different venue?  That’s what I would do.  You live in a major city, so I know there has to be more great venues to choose from, since you’re not willing to compromise on the March date.

Post # 12
869 posts
Busy bee

So sorry this has happened!  I’m sure things will work out.  Can I just make a brief observation, though?  (I promise I don’t mean this as an insult)… In your posts above you’ve said that a) you’re disappointed that you may not celebrate in March, because it doesn’t match up with the stone color of your ring… and b)  You’re not sure whether April is a good idea because it’s not a prime number…  Are you sure you don’t want to elope, or have a super simple day?  Trust me, there will be MANY plans/hopes that won’t pan out along the way.  I worry that you’ll drive yourself crazy by overanalyzing everything. πŸ™‚ (I often feel like I’m going crazy and I hadn’t even considered birthstones or prime numbers!)

Hope things turn around for you!  Good Luck! πŸ™‚  

Post # 13
2158 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Yikes, that’s a bummer πŸ™  How about a different venue?

Post # 14
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

I wouldn’t trust the venue, either- I know venue shopping is a PITA, but I think it’s a good idea to start your search again.


Post # 15
59 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’m really shocked that your venue did that to you, however what’s done is done. Now all you can do is try to make the best of things and carry on. Really, I think you need to decide on whether the venue or the date are more important to you.

My Fiance and I had really wanted to get married in a castle (we’re both qualified archaeologists and love historic sites), but the stairs meant that his mobility-impaired mother would have real problems and we figured we would just have to find something else…until we found one 2 weeks ago with a modern lift installed! One problem…they were fully booked all next year, which is when we wanted to have our wedding.

Long story short, we decided that the venue was more important than our preferred date, so we booked it for August THIS year! I know, I must be crazy booking a place for only 4 months away, but this way we get the venue of our dreams and I get to marry by beloved sooner rather than later πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Long story, short.. Venue gave my date away…..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors