(Closed) (LONG) UGH!!! May 2012 'weird pap', now other weird things…!!!??

posted 6 years ago in Wellness
Post # 3
3755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Are you getting enough protein after cutting out pork and beef? Your exhaustion could be a deficiency of some sort (possibly iron?). I doubt it’s caused by your irregular pap smear. I’ve had irregular ones before and was tested for HPV and didn’t have it. I wouldn’t worry about that and just get your pap again next year. If it’s abnormal again they’ll probably have you get a colposcopy (I’ve had 3..). 

I have heard of women getting their period when being pregnant, but in this case I don’t think that’s it either. I would recommend you see your doctor, have your bloodwork done, check for vitamin/mineral deficiencies and go from there. 

Post # 4
5107 posts
Bee Keeper

@JanglesTheFairy:  Disclaimer: NOT a doctor!! Paps/HPV and vaginal bleeding typically have nothing to do with each other. So I think the two situations you have are unrelated.

As for your abnormal Pap, you can still get HPV if you are vaccinated. You could have been exposed before vaccination or you could have been exposed to a strain that was not included in the vaccine. HPV makes you at risk for cervical cancer, so if you have a positive HPV pap you are considered “high risk” meaning you should get a Pap every 6-12 months, depending on what your doctor decides. Do not fall behind on those! They are very important in detecting changes in the cells of your cervix.

As for the possibility of pregnancy, I would test again with a First Response Early Result with first morning urine in the next few weeks. If it is still negative, it is likely that you are not pregnant. If you have enough hormone to have symptoms, you should have enough hormones to show up on a pregnancy test. Breast tenderness can be caused by a bunch of stuff, as can fatigue. Especially if you think you may be pregnant – your mind can do interesting things haha. I’m confused though, what birth control are you on right now?

Post # 6
1227 posts
Bumble bee

I would go and have some bloodwork taken. You should not take an iron supplement unless you are iron deficient as determined by a doctor because too much iron can also cause problems.  

There are many degrees of abnormal pap results, so I would not be worried about that. Most resolve themselves before the next pap. I doubt it was inconclusive however, as that indicates that there was a problem with the specimen and they couldn’t determine either way (not uncommon).

The topic ‘(LONG) UGH!!! May 2012 'weird pap', now other weird things…!!!??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors