Post # 1
This Saturday, my fiance and I are going to look at our first venue. It is a “full-service” hotel banquet hall. (by full-service I mean they will take care of food, set-up, clean-up, etc.)
I have already started to compile a list of general questions for the venue. So I am asking my fellow bees to let me know if there are any questions I should be asking, that I may have left off my list. (I don’t feel like posting the whole list here, sorry!) So let me know if there are some specific things I should find out at this meeting, before we decide to book the venue (if we decide to).
Post # 3
Ask about FEES. There will always (well, usually) be hidden fees associated with a place, even an all-inclusive place.
Ask about seating. How many does it seat COMFORTABLY? How many does it seat total? As in – the fire marshal shouldn’t have to come?
What are the best seating arrangements to maximine the number of guests?
Are there going to be any other people/events on the day of your event?
Post # 4
- How long do we have to clear out (some places want you out in a specific time, some places could care less)
- Do you set up whatever decorations I have and if so, when do we bring them in for you
- If you want your ceremony and reception there, ask how much the ceremony fee is
- If you’re flexible on your dates, ask if there are any special discounts for off-season, fridays/sundays, AM vs. PM, etc.
- Are there discounts for nearby hotels (OOT guests, perhaps a hotel for yourself to get ready in)
- Is there a private bridal suite (you could get ready on site if not at a hotel, you’ll have a private bathroom to yourself and don’t have to fight to get into the guest bathroom with your dress [if it’s a big dress, prob. no problem with a thin little sheath or whatever])
- What do you provide for decor (linen colors, centerpieces, wall decor, ceremony decor)
- CAN I TAKE PICTURES? (Important! You’ll want to take pics so you can go home and look at them again and again as you decide)
- What are the prices for vendor meals?
This is what I’ve got off the top of my head right now. I’ll come back if I think of any more 🙂
ETA: YES Seconding PP, ask about ALL FEES. Ask to see an itemized list if you care to, and get a copy of a contract too!
Post # 5
This is perfect! Thank you! Some of these questions are on my list, but not all, so I will keep adding questions to the list as they roll in! 🙂
Post # 6
♥ – What is the total cost for the venue? What all does this include? [Catering? Alochol? Tables? Chairs? Linens? Centerpieces?]
♥ – How early can you set up? [The day before? The day of?]. One venue told me I couldn’t set up until 1:00 pm the day of.. seriously?!
♥ – If you are allowed to decorate. [Some places have restrictions on what you can & can’t do].
♥ – Is there a guest minimum? What’s the capcity of the venue?
♥ – Will there be someone to help you set up or are you on your own?
♥ – Hidden fees or other expenses that may come up?
Is there anything special you’re looking to do at your wedding? Such at candy buffet, bringing your own alocohol, doing your own catering, dj. These are case specific questions that you’ll need to bring up if you are. Each venue is differant and some venues won’t let you bring your own food/alocohol, or want you to use theirs. Which can be VERY costly if you weren’t expecting it!
Post # 7
Ask if they include a day-of coordinator!
Also ask about the REHEARSAL. How long will you have to rehearse the night before and can you use the actual facility? If they schedule a wedding on the night before yours, are you going to be able to get there early enough to finish rehearsing before the other party’s wedding?
Post # 8
Will you have exclusive use of the room that day? Any restrictions