(Closed) looking for a venue open on Christmas Day 2012 in New Jersey…HELP!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Try posting on your local boards, you might get more responses there. 

Post # 4
46672 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Look for  something owned or managed by someone of another ethnic background/religion.

The only places around here that are open on Christmas Day are East Indian and Chinese.

Post a query on your local Chowhound Board.

Post # 5
13292 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@coquibride:  I know it’s a sentimental date, but Christmas is on a Tuesday this year…and it’s a major holiday for a huge amount of people.  A lot of people travel out of town over the holidays.  I guess my thought is…why not do it the weekend before or after?  If I were a guest, I’d be a little annoyed that I was asked to give up my Christmas with my family and friends. 

Just a thought/unsolicited advice.

Post # 5
13292 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Double post, sorry

Post # 6
6597 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

How about hotels?

They are definitely open for guests and some run Christmas day lunches etc. So that may be a good option!?!?

Post # 6
2693 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2008

@abbie017:  I was definitely going to add the same thing.  I know it’s an important day for you and your future husband, but is having your family and friends with you on your wedding day also important?  As a bride who did a lot of research about having just a Friday wedding, I read a lot about how people really dont’ appreciate having weddings on holidays or holiday weekends.  It’s typically viewed as a little bit rude.  And since it’s Christmas, I would be prepared to a) not find many willing to work/cater/coordinate/vend your wedding (I could be wrong, but I would assume it would be REALLy difficult) and b) have friends and family–especially those with children–decline your invite.  As Christmas is usually the most important of holidays (for christians), I would say in this case there would likely not be many people who would choose a wedding over a tranditional holiday with family and/or children.  If you’re not a Christmas-celebrating family, however, I’d say it wouldn’t really matter.  It would all be a matter of finding the vendors you’d need, which I’d assume would be really difficult

ETA: Also unsolicited advice/opinion, just trying to maybe bring to light things you’d hadn’t yet thought of!

The topic ‘looking for a venue open on Christmas Day 2012 in New Jersey…HELP!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors