Post # 1
My fiance and I got engaged in the Redwood Forest in San Francisco. We currently live in Atlanta, but our familes are in Jacksonville, Florida. We’d LOVE to find a venue that can incorporate a ‘foresty’ feel, but also include the water in either Northeast Florida or Coastal Georgia.
Does anyone know of any? We found the PERFECT spot at the Frederica Boathouse in the Frederica Golf Club, but you have to be members of the club or sponsored by a member to rent it 🙁
Can anyone offer any help?
Post # 3
I think I have a few for you to check out (my bff just got married and she too was searching for this look) They arent identical to yours, but pretty close:
1) Crosswater Hall at Nocatee- Ponte Vedra: http://www.nocatee.com/recreation/crosswater-hall.aspx It was really gorgeous and you can bring in all of your own vendors/rentals. The prices were reasonable and she said the ppl were very friendly. There is a porch with rocking chairs and it isthe largest of the 3 holding around 300 people. A wedding featured on Style Me Pretty Florida was done here recently. Only down sides: It’s pretty far out and over looks the community pool area (not really all that bad)
2) Oyster Bay Harbour Yacht Club- Fernandina Beach: http://oysterbayharbour.com/oysterbay-yacht-club/facilities/ I really can’t say enough good things about OBHYC. It is GORGEOUS! The veiw over the marsh is spectacular- I mean breathtaking. The only reason my friend didnt book it was bc her wedding, at 200, was too big for the venue. The food was delish and the chef and booking manager were so incredibly kind. They have lots of things there you can use (mason jars, burlap…stuff they use for themed dinners) and don’t mind sharing. They are trying to break into the wedding market and are pretty flexible with the pricing. Down sides: I think they only have 50 parking spaces. If you need more than that they suggest you use their trolley vendor. A MUST see!
3)Walker’s Landing- Amelia Island: http://aipfl.everyscape.com/#p=1482969&y=202&pi=-8&sbm=mweddings&sbtsi=wedding (this is the best pic I could find of the room) This place was really pretty, but the bride just wasnt into it (“too much wood”) we didnt spend much time here, but it does have the water views you liked. The main pro is that since it’s Amelia Island Plantation the area will make a fun vacation for your guests. The area is quaint, charming and really beautiful
4) The Outpost, The Seafoam Room and The Florida Room at Ponte Vedra Inn and Club: http://aipfl.everyscape.com/#p=1482969&y=202&pi=-8&sbm=mweddings&sbtsi=wedding These are probably a stretch but a quick online look never hurt. We did my friends shower in the Seafoam Room and it was lovely.
5) The Florida Yacht Club- Ortega, Jacksonville: http://www.thefloridayachtclub.org/banquet.php It’s pretty, but you may have to have a sponsor. They have a pretty large membership, so you probably know someone.
6) Epping Forest: http://www.efyc.com/weddings.html has the boat feel you’re searching for, but may be too formal/ornate
Hope this helps!
Post # 4
Wow Soon2b- that is an AMAZING list. Thank you so much!