Thank you all sooo much for responding! I truly truly appreciate it!! So far these are the venues I have visited:
1) The Please Touch Museum I loved the carosel but my mom thought it was not “traditional” enough for a wedding venue.
2) Vie By Cescaphe: I loved the menu package but the decor was a bit too modern for what I am looking for.
3) The Four Seasons: I didn’t think their ballroom was anything special :/
4) The Ritz Carlton: Loved the wedding planner there! She brought me these amazing cake truffles and had a display set up with chocolates and glass bottles of water-so fancy! But I wasn’t wowed by the ballroom here either :/
5) The Talamore Country Club: Really pretty but I didn’t like how with the amount of guests that I have they would be split between the upper and lower levels.
6) The Philmont Country Club: Didn’t care for the decor or the ballroom.
7) Green Valley Country Club: Hated the location.
8) The Atrium at the Curtis Center: I loved this!! I again loved the Cescaphe menu and I loved the cocktail hour space. I also think the location is fabulous in the historic district of Philly. My mom thought again that the venue was not “traditional” enough.
9) Hyatt at the Bellevue: I thought the ballroom was a bit run down.
10) The Crystal Tea Room: My mom and I both loved it here and felt that so far this was our favorite. The only thing I didn’t like was when you walk in the building there is a macy’s there…thought that was kind of a strange feel. I liked the menu for finley catering a lot.
11) Ballroom at the Ben: Loved this even more than the Crystal Tea Room! The ballroom was exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding reception. I didn’t love the immediate surroundings of the building but I can get over it lol.
12) Merion Cricket Club: Didn’t like anything about it…definitely not my style.
13) The Radnor Valley Country Club: Pretty outside and foyer but the ballroom was very plain.
14) Overbrook Country Club: my parents got married here and it’s very very pretty. The ballroom isn’t as great as the Ballroom at the Ben, but the surroundings and the view outside is spectacular. Maybe for the rehearsal dinner?
Soo yes I’ve seen 14 places and I officially hate venue shopping!!! As you might be able to tell, my parents and I seem to have differing ideas on what we are looking for in a venue. They want a country club on the main line…which I would be fine with if any of them had a ballroom anywhere close to the one at The Ballroom at the Ben…but none of them had the “wow” factor for me. At this point I think my top two are The Ballroom at the Ben and The Crystal Tea Room!