(Closed) Looking for ideas for a wedding reception for $3000…total. Help?

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Have you looked at either off beat places (small local museums, I found a couple that were reasonable in my area) or parks (rent a pavilion and do something outdoorsy and casual) or off peak times? Maybe a friday night or Sunday late afternoon in hotel convention space?

Post # 4
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Do you have a family friend with space? That’s going to be your cheapest option and give you the ability to do cheaper things (like buy your own alcohol and hire a different caterer)

For booze if you can find a place that will allow it you can do self serve beer and wine. Purchasing through Sam’s Club or http://www.bevmo.com//Default.aspx is the cheapest!

Post # 5
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

If you have a HyVee grocery store in your area, I highly recommend them for catering.  Their food and service is amazing and the prices were cheaper than anything around.  I wrote a great review of them a few months ago after they catered our wedding.  I just can’t say enough good things about them.

Post # 6
1011 posts
Bumble bee

Can you do fajitas?  Alcohol can be simply beer & margaritas.  It’d be kid friendly food.

Post # 7
352 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I live in Boston and my reception will cost $3000.  I am having an open bar with beer, wine and soft drinks.  We are having hot passed apps.  10 different kinds so that everybody can find something they like.

I am sure in TX things have to be less expensive than Boston, good luck!

Post # 8
4284 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Do you have any halls near you. We have quite a few “Eagle, Mooselodge, and Sons of Norways” around us. Then you just pay for the rental – Under $500. You are then free to bring in your our food and booze.

Post # 10
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Also think about local restaurants that you like, they might actually cater as well. Not always alcohol, but still food. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

For cake, check out reviews of your local grocery stores. You can add fresh flowers to make it look special. I agree about using bevmo for alcohol. They have great wine sales!

You can totally do this!!! 

Post # 12
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I second the local parks. My town has a lot of small parks that rent for weddings at very affordable prices. You can make edible favors yourself. Something like cake pops or cookies wrapped as a favor. Simple decor like white vases that family members might be able to supply or you might have already or mason jars with a few flowers in them can actually be very pretty. Or a wood slice (we cut down a dying tree in our back yard, so free for us) with some clusters of candles on it and a few flower heads would be pretty.

There is a BBQ place that I love in my area that I actually saw were at a bridal fair. So, I think they cater a lot of weddings. I love the idea of a backyard BBQ for a wedding. So, definitely look at area restaurants like that.

Post # 13
2965 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Im getting married in Mesquite, TX. It is an all inclusive venue. Maybe you can look at places like that also. Mine ran a little over 3K but that was with taxes included and the venue includes the food, tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces, ALSO a DJ! They have different packages for different budgets. Heres the website if you are interested: 

http://www.wisteriaplaceeventhall.com/

Post # 15
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

This might totally be extreme, but… have you considered a brunch? They tend to be a lot less expensive than dinners… For us, that was a bonus: we wanted a brunch just cause we LIKE brunch! ๐Ÿ™‚ Mind you, we’re only providing mimosas and poinsenttias (alcoholic and non). There will be wine available, but mostly just because we happen to be at a winery–but we’re really not expecting a lot of people to imbibe at that time of day…

Post # 16
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Maybe a barbecue with nicer sides, lawn games for entertainment and  music?

The topic ‘Looking for ideas for a wedding reception for $3000…total. Help?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors