(Closed) Los Angeles recommendations for good photographer and DJ/MC under $1000 ?

posted 6 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
20 posts
Newbee

Check out the classifieds on here. There are a lot of photographers with some great offers.

Post # 4
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2003

@Prrrrpl be careful. Remember it is your big day, and pictures are the most enduring item from your wedding day. Photography is almost always a “you get what you pay for” service. Just Make sure to check out whomever you pick completely. 

Post # 5
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2006

Definitely not for photography, but you might find a decent DJ for $1000.  The guy we usually recommend starts at $1500, but DJs are usually going to be cheaper than photographers because they have a lot less total hours they have to invest in a wedding.  For photography the bulk of the work lies after the wedding happens, not on the day itself.  If you want a talented, experienced professional to document your day you are going to need to at least double or triple your budget.  You may be able to find someone who will do it among the part timers, people starting out, or student route, but you are going to be taking a risk.

Post # 7
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2006

@Prrrrple:  Just make sure your photographer is completely onboard with you editing their photos.  For most professionals this isn’t somethign they are going to offer you as an option.

Post # 8
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

It looks like I am a little too late, but my husband is actully a DJ and has done everything from Bar/Clubs to Corporate Events to Weddings to any other party you can think of. When it comes to weddings he has an great MC who is bilingual (english & spanish) that is always with him. When we got married the MC and other DJs they contract with hosted and DJed our wedding and it was terrific. 

Not long ago was I scouring thess boards for tips and recomenedations since were on a budget but trying to plan a 200+ person wedding. I know what it is like planning a wedding and all the details that are involved, so believe me every detail is covered so you have nothing to worry about. 

So I am happy to give any information to anyone who is still looking for a DJ, PM me and I will get right back to you right away. I guess you can consider me his booking manager since I am always the first contact and we can talk a little bit about what you want and prices. We are flexible in price and I would be happy to give you a quote, We are located in the San Gabirel area however we hace ventured out of range 🙂 best of luck on your wedding!!!

Post # 10
2457 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I just realized you already figured this out. Nevermind! 😛

The topic ‘Los Angeles recommendations for good photographer and DJ/MC under $1000 ?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors