(Closed) Lose 30 LBS By April 6, 2013 (Wedding Day) Need Motivation!

posted 6 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

wow your piercings aren’t what i expected at all…. and i think they are so cute!!!

i’m trying to lose 10-20 lbs by april 5.  we’re almoooost date twins!!  fortunately, Fiance and I have a good gym here at our apt complex, and he’s really smart when it comes to weight training.  i’ve got a herniated disn in my lower back which prevents me from doing most types of cardio and many other exercises as well, so he’s been very helpful on getting me to lift weights to focus on the areas i need to lose the most in.  armpits and back.  

i’m planning on starting jillian michaels 30 day shred bc alot of women have had great success with it.. but since you wanna lose 30 lbs, i’d suggest you try to find a circuit gym like shapes or curves.  that way you’re doing cardio as well as strength training which is the best way to rapidly increase your metabolism, burn calories, and tone your muscles.  

have you already bought your gown????

Post # 5
158 posts
Blushing bee

Hi date twins, I’m april 5th too. Im trying to loose 8 lbs. I am 5’5, 122 lbs. I am my heaviest I have ever been and I do not feel confident. I really want to shape up my arms too since my dress is strapless. I have started jazzersice and I love it! One hour/ day and it goes by like nothing. I already see a difference in my whole body after one week. I have fats metabolism so it goes pretty fast for me too once I start to get going. I also do ballet twice a week. 

I am so excited that I found jazzersice cause I can not see my self in a gym, and I am a terrible dancer so zumba is out of the question. Jazzersice studios has no mirrors and everybody is so friendly and too busy looking at the instructor that noeone ever looks at you looking like a fool trying to dance! It is awesome! Anyways I am rambling but I really do loove my newfound activity. 

Post # 7
158 posts
Blushing bee

@ebberz0225:  I would think so. Have never been so sweaty in my life! I think that together with a healthy diet it can be done! I am really optimistic about my arms getting in good shape. The lady at the place told me 4 months should help me get into the shape I want. 

What do you do for lunch and such? I try to stay really good on most days and splurge once a week. I have noticed though that on the days I think I splurge I don’t even eat that much cause my ody is so usedto eating nice small portions now! 

Post # 8
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ebberz0225:  Hi, I’m in the same boat as you regarding arm issues. What I started doing was yoga to work on my arms and stomach, specifically Tia Mowry’s Core Yoga DVD, but any yoga would probably help, and I do HIIT workouts for weight loss. I would also try to start couting calories also, since diet is bascially the most important part in weight loss. Good luck! 🙂

Post # 9
1508 posts
Bumble bee

I’m trying to drop atleast 30lbs by my wedding too(june).

Best advice is lots of cardio (3-5x week) and weight training to tone twice a week(the more muscle you have the more calories you burn!)

Diet is also huge! Weight loss is seriosuly 80% diet 20% gym. MFP (MyitnessPAl) is great for helping you watch what and how much you eat. IF you opt to try MFP let me know i’m on there, we could be support buddies =)

Post # 11
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I don’t know how effective it’ll be for you, and I might get some flak for this- but I try to fast as well. No, I don’t torture myself by not eating for a day. I listen to my body to see if it can handle not eating for that day. I do drink lots of fluids on days that I don’t eat. 30 lbs is certainly doable before your wedding date! Good luck!

Post # 12
808 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I read somewhere that weight loss is 80% diet, 20% exercise….which makes sense.  Focus on eating protein, veggies, and some whole grains.  Then use the workouts to tone!  I just lost 15lbs, so I’m trying to figure out how to maintain.  I’ve started weight training to tone my arms and shoulders and back.

yfitness pal is great! THe trick is being accountable for everything I eat. 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 13
1508 posts
Bumble bee

@ebberz0225:  I’m Firecutie on MFP if you wan to add me as a friend 🙂

**we can do this**

Post # 14
5951 posts
Bee Keeper

I don’t have any before and after pics, but last January I stopped eating grains (except for one cheat meal a week) and it’s been almost life changing.  I started by reading the book “Why we get fat” then read about somethign called the Paleo diet, then sort of mergered the ideas into something that seemed to make sense to me.  Where I’ve settled out is that I no longer eat grains, I eat a lot more fat, and I avoid sugar from non natural sources.  

For me the weight came off like nothing.  I lost steadily (a few lbs per week) until I got to what I consdier my most comfortable weight, and then I’ve just stayed there.  It’s like my body knew where it was supposed to be.  Note that for me this change was only about 15 lbs.

I am NOT trying to suggest that this would be right for everyone, but I think that there are a lot of people out there that are sensitive to a high carb diet and should give a lower carb diet a try.  

Read the book Why We Get Fat.  If it resonates with you, give this a try.  The whole time I was reading the book it seemed like they were describing me specifically.

Post # 15
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@ebberz0225:  I love your piercings!! I’m trying to lose 30lbs by april 18th just so I can go dress shopping for my first time.

The topic ‘Lose 30 LBS By April 6, 2013 (Wedding Day) Need Motivation!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors