(Closed) Lost 135lbs, TMI but I need opinions..

posted 5 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Should I postpone my wedding?
    Yes. : (3 votes)
    2 %
    No. : (112 votes)
    90 %
    Find a dress that covers up. : (9 votes)
    7 %
  • Post # 3
    11325 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2011

I think you look gorgeous and thin, and I don’t notice any stomach at all. If you’re worried about your arms, you could always get a bolero? But I don’t know that you should put off your marriage out of concern for how you LOOK. Life and marriage is about so much more!

Post # 4
    108 posts
    Blushing bee

Rock that new body!!! That is amazing and you look awesome! We are our own worst critics but I am loving that first dress on you!!

Post # 5
    1729 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

You’re crazy, you look lovely!! Loose skin…what loose skin?!

Post # 6
    1339 posts
    Bumble bee

I don’t think you should put off your wedding because of your weight…you look great! And congrats on losing that weight. What a difficult thing to do!

I will say that maybe an off the shoulder dress may look better and cover up your arms a bit if you are worried about it(your arms look fine to me btw). That dress is not really doing anything for your beautiful figure from the pictures. Get something that will show off your waist a bit more.

Post # 7
    2695 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I think if you’ve worked so hard to lose all that weight then you should so it off with a dress that you love! Don’t let these lingering body issues keep you from getting something you really want. You look gorgeous!

Post # 8
    3195 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

seconded, i think you look great, but it’s really about how YOU feel. you have plenty of time to shop, i would put it off a few more months to see if your weight stabilizes. when you buy, they’ll measure you and get a dress in that size, or you can request a smaller size, but that’s risky.

i repeat, you look great, but if YOU feel weird about your arms, maybe a lace bolero! the three-quarter-length-off-the-shoulder ones are really in right now. and as for your tummy, many bees are choosing to use shapewear.

however, focus on the fact that these adjustments are for a VERY POSITIVE reason. you are much healthier than you were before the weight loss, and you should be CELEBRATING that! go girl!

Post # 9
    905 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2014

You look fantastic!! Congratulations on the epic weight loss! It’s really inspiring for me and many other Bees looking to shed some pounds. 

Quite frankly, I don’t notice anything unusual about your arms or tummy in either photograph. Almost every woman on this planet (besides my personal trainer, it seems) has issues with their upper arms. A beautiful shrug or even a long-sleeved dress (lace!) may help you feel more confident, but know that you are your biggest critic and it’s certainly not something friends and family will judge about. 

Go out there and show off all your hard work!

Post # 10
    2555 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

i would do long sleeves and spanx to control the look of the stomach skin, btw, congratulations!!!!!

Post # 11
    2419 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

I’m gonna hop on the you look great band-wagon. If you are that concerned about your arms, just get a bolero!

Post # 12
    7384 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2010

You look great- don’t be self conscious!

Post # 13
    8695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I lost 121 lbs over the past two years and I would NEVER postpone my wedding!!!! If anything, I feel much more confident. I dont understand….why not just invest in good undergarments? I chose a dress that has good inner construction to hide my extra skin

Post # 16
    1361 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

I love love love the ball gown on you!!! What designer/style is it?  I do think that if the waist was lowered about two inches it would be more flattering on you since it would really show off your tiny new waist but it truly is spectacular on you as is.

And sweety honestly when I was reading the post I was expecting to see piled up extra skin around your arms and there isnt any! Your arms look great and I would have never guessed you lost that much weight from the pictures alone. I understand that you can be ashamed about the skin (even if we dont see it) because you are your own worst critic but be proud of what you have accomplished!

Stand up tall and straight and that will make your waist look tinnier, because as is you have a wonderful figure. I do think that the first dress isnt as flattering as the second one but you should try getting something with more boning/support.

Have you thought about long sleeves with a v neck and lower cut back? But I really dont think it is something you should worry about! You really can not tell at all.

The topic ‘Lost 135lbs, TMI but I need opinions..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors