- 6 years ago
- Wedding: December 2013
Unfortunately, last Friday during snow storm “Nemo”, I lost my engagement ring 🙁
As I was stupidly wearing it while drinking, I don’t have recollection of where exactly it could be lost. It could be at a bar where we had two drinks and were dancing, or it could’ve fallen off while we were gallavanting around in the snow (you know, with fingers shrinking in size).
I have also torn apart my apartment looking for it and while we’ve found a few other items that were lost, no sign of the ring yet. And, for even more stupidity, it’s not insured.
Does anyone have any tips that lead to found rings? Here’s what I’ve done so far:
1. Gone back to the bar that I was at three times to ask
2. Looked in the now melting snow banks on the route that we walked
3. Printed out pictures and went to some local pawn shops
4. Filed a police report and was told that they are doing a “fleecing operation” this Friday where they will be going to all the pawn shops in my prencint and looking for stolen goods. They also have a pic of my ring for the operation.
5. Prayed to St Anthony twice daily
6. Prayed to my dead Grandmas in case they are my guardian angels
7. Posted a lost and found ad on Craigslist
8. Monitored Craigslist/ebay for the ring.
I also asked the owner of the bar to review the footage from the night so hopefully he would be able to tell if I was wearing it when I came in/left, which would help me narrow down my search at least.
Any other suggestions? I’m also thinking of printing up fliers and putting them around the neighborhood and taking an ad out in our popular online local newspaper.
Even if you have supersitiions that you use to find lost items I want to hear them!! I would be grateful for anything at this point – though I’ve almost completely given up hope.