(Closed) Lost job a week before birthday & in the middle of wedding planning

posted 6 years ago in Career
Post # 3
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@future.mrs.c:  Fiance lost his job a week after proposing on Christmas Eve 2010 and still  hasn’t found a steady job.  He’s a plumber and we’re both shocked at how no one wants to hire anyone.  He’s had a couple of offers for Roto Rooter, but we would’ve had to provide the van that needed to be less than 5 years old.  It was only comission as well.  Anyways, I’m basically the breadwinner in this relationship as of right now while Fiance works on his plumbing business he opened in the beginning of the year.  It’s been so tough for us because we’ve been on the fence about everything regarding the wedding.  We were settling for a JOP ceremony and to just enjoy a nice cruise to Bermuda.  Fortunately, his mom stepped in and offered to hold a small, intimate backyard wedding and to pay for everything.  We couldn’t be any more excited.

Post # 4
11234 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I actually lost two jobs in 2010, the second one two weeks before my birthday and the big trip to Toronto that we had planned. We ended up okay, money-wise, so I was able to take my last year of undergrad off and focus on school, which was nice. I would probably try to get a part time job for the extra money while you’re looking for a permanent position.

The topic ‘Lost job a week before birthday & in the middle of wedding planning’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors