(Closed) Love & Respect

posted 9 years ago in Christian
Post # 17
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Has anyone read The Night Light? It’s a devotional for couples that I picked up recently. I’m also reading Five Love Languages – standard but highly useful for couples who may have different love languages – my Fiance and I, for example, haha.

Thanks so much for these suggestions. I’d been wanting to pick up Sacred Marriage and Sheet Music. I’ll have to check them out now Smile

Post # 18
4335 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Fiance and I read bits and pieces (the parts that didn’t look TOO interesting! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) from the book “Intended for Pleasure.” 

I’m curious about “Sheet Music,” however; has anyone read both of them and could say if there’s anything really useful that isn’t also in “Intended for Pleasure?”

Post # 19
107 posts
Blushing bee

I haven’t read the Love and Respect book (though I’ve been meaning to), but earlier this year our church held a class based on it, and FH and I attended. We were the youngest couple there, and it was cool hearing what people who had been married for decades had to say, and having them NOT say things like, “What are you guys doing here? You’re not married,” or “Why do you guys want to get married? You should wait till you’re at least 30.” ๐Ÿ˜›

7 months into our relationship, FH and I bought a ton of various marriage-related books (including some of the ones listed above) and have been going through them together. It’s helped us so much!

Wow, this is the first day I’ve visited the Christian board on here…I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 20
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@freckles4819:i think the book is called the mystery of intimacy.  we find it very insightful.

Post # 21
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@runsyellowlites:thank you and your first lady that is much needed insight that i had never thought about but truly feel and can relate to.

Post # 22
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

WE havent but I heard it was amazing. And our pastor said it was a good read in our pre marital couples counciling. I think we may have to check it out.

Post # 23
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

Still haven’t finished Love & Respect BUT I did want to pass on the series we just wrapped up at our married couples bible study.

It’s “Indestructible Marriage” by Jimmy Evans with MarriageToday

It is FANTASTIC… everyone part of the series was such a learning experience. Darling Husband and I will definintely be getting a copy for ourselves so that we can watch it as a refresher throughout our marriage.

=)

Post # 24
834 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@freckles4819: Have you tried the “Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman? Fiance and I read through it together before we were officially engaged, and it was definitley worth the read. I’ll give the book you’re reading a try too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 25
25 posts
Newbee

OMG, Glad to hear about all of your comments and your experiences with Love & Respect. I got the book when FH and I couldn’t get out of the ‘crazy cycle’ for about 4 months and in just about 2 weeks our relationship has been transformed. I also got the Love Dare and I have been learning so much more about how much “I” need to change – who would’ve thunk! I definitely recommend Love and Respect, FH is reading the book now and I can see the difference in how he responds to me as I also learn to respect him, not just love him.

Post # 25
25 posts
Newbee

OMG, Glad to hear about all of your comments and your experiences with Love & Respect. I got the book when FH and I couldn’t get out of the ‘crazy cycle’ for about 4 months and in just about 2 weeks our relationship has been transformed. I also got the Love Dare and I have been learning so much more about how much “I” need to change – who would’ve thunk! I definitely recommend Love and Respect, FH is reading the book now and I can see the difference in how he responds to me as I also learn to respect him, not just love him.

The topic ‘Love & Respect’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors