Post # 1
Okay so I have been thinking about what to get my Fiance as a grooms gift. I got a groupon for photography over the holidays and the photographer also does boudoir photography. I think that is one of the things I am going to do. I think that while that is personal, I want to pull at his heart strings a bit more. My Fiance is such a sap. He was the one who make me watch The Notebook for the first time and he literally sobbed through the entire thing. He is a true romantic at heart.
With that being said, I was looking for ideas and came across the idea of a love book. It is affordable, a keep sake, and very sentimental once complete. Starting on January 1st I want to get together a nice book full of journal entries, love poems, pictures and things leading about to our wedding. I think that it would be such a lovely gift and I can literally visualize him laughing and balling like a male version of this when he reads it:
This is where your assistance comes in. Are there any love poems, romantic quotes or readings that you LOVE or that are about that subect matter? I want to start compiling a collection of poems and things to add in addition to my journal entry for each day.
Post # 3
I like E E Cummings for love poetry that’s not overdone or too sappy
Post # 5
You can get lost on the internet if you google “romantic quotes” or “love poems”
Can you tie some things together, like do you have any photos of you watching fireworks and then add in a quote about fireworks and love? Just an example.
Post # 6
- Wedding: September 2012 - Schloss Heiligenberg/ Spearfish Canyon Lodge
I made a book with funny, irrational, everyday reasons that I love Mr. B. I’m usually not very verbal, so I knew that this gift would hit the spot! I will continue to add reasons in the future.
Post # 7
I did something similar for a long time where for every holiday I would print out our most recent pics and put a quote or lyric on it. Ideas:
- Dr. Suess’s Love/Weird quote: “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
- Lyrics from your “song”
- Quotes from movies you’ve seen together
- Pics/Snippets of menus/restuarnts you’ve dined at
- Quotes about cities you’ve been (and then include a photo of you there)
- You can email people and ask them for their two cents on your relationships/you as a couple