This is a fun thread! We’re not doing too much that could be considered offbeat… though some of our family members may think otherwise!
– No programs (waste of money, waste of time when compared with the gajillion other things I want to do)
– No dollar dance (though I’ve not seen this elsewhere, I’ve heardd it’s fairly common!)
– Photographer is a semi-professional friend of Maid/Matron of Honor
– DJ is a friend of one of our BMs
– Brides will wear their own choice of dress styles (though all will be same designer, length, color and fabric)
– Brides will wear their own choice of shoes and shoe colors (within our color scheme)
– I’m not wearing heels (I hate them, and we’re getting married outside, and Fiance is 1″ shorter than me in bare feet!)
– No bouts
– Buffet-style dinner (common among my friends, but it’ll make our families’ eyebrows raise)
– Cupcakes instead of cake (FFIL is totally baffled about this)
– Ceremony and reception in the same place (it seems easiest to me but I’ve not been to one wedding where this has been the case!)
– Not really taking desperate measures to cover up my tattoo (small and on my back shoulder)
– No standard cardbox (using a birdcage from our caterer)
– No liquor (beer and wine only open bar)
What I like best is that a lot of this stuff that would have been TOTALLY offbeat 5-10 years ago is making lots of posters go, why is this offbeat? Yay for individualized weddings!