(Closed) Loving the OMBRE Mori Lee 1924!! Anybody tried? Pics? Thoughts?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: This dress is absolutely fantastic!!
    Completely Agree : (157 votes)
    56 %
    Sorely Disagree : (122 votes)
    44 %
  • Post # 3
    1081 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@bohosioux:  I think I would like it more if the ombre were the other way (color at the top fading out toward the bottom).  The way it is, I personally think it looks like the model waded through a pink puddle..

You ever see that reddish clay dirt anywhere..? There was a field of that near my childhood home and one day I rode my bike through it (I was about 10). My khacki pants came out stained a little like that, and the back of my shirt was speckled with red and pink dots from the mud splashing up. It didn’t come out in the wash, and my mom was pissed! So this dress reminds me too much of that bad memory.. Haha sorry!

Post # 4
    2615 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012 - Southern California

It looks dirty :/ ..plus ultra trendy!  It’s a style I see our kids laughing at in 20+ years.  But if you’re ok with that, more power to you.  Don’t let any of us hold you back.

Post # 5
    934 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

I love this dress!! Love the ombre at the bottom…reminds me of Gwen Stefani’s wedding dress. I do agree with a PP though, it will probably look dated in 10 years. But eh, everything will look dated! So if you love it, go for it!

Post # 6
    11356 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: May 2009

I love the style of the dress and think it’s quite beautiful.  However, I do not like the ombre effect at all.  I think it’s much too trendy of a concept for a bridal gown, especially since the ombre effect seems so haphazard and uneven.

Does the dress come in solid ivory, and, if so, would you consider getting it that way?

Post # 7
    1292 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

I agree with PP who say it looks dirty. In My Humble Opinion.

Post # 8
    3763 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I think it’s good in theory, but honestly it looks dirty to me an I can’t help thinking that every time I see it. First time i saw the gown i thought it was post the TTD session. I also think it’s going to be very popular with LOTS of brides wearing it and that it will look super dated πŸ™

Post # 9
    1093 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I like the concept, not the execution.  I think the color in the skirt is pretty (and disagree with PP’s- I think it would look funny the other way around with the color at the top).  I just don’t like the style of the dress itself- it’s too over the top for my personal taste.

Post # 10
    1144 posts
    Bumble bee

I like it as of now but not sure I would in a few years. This screams dress regret. If it was all in one color though, I would love it!

Post # 11
    315 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Lovely dress, but I don’t like the colouring. It looks like the bride got caught in a mud puddle to me!

Post # 12
    3141 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Love  it !!! Would love to see it on a real bride

Post # 13
    1841 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to agree with most of the PPs.  I like the concept, and love the ruffles, but the hombre makes it look like the bride waded through the mud.

Post # 14
    11272 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2012

wow, great dress.  i would want to see it on a real person.

Post # 16
    4429 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

@bohosioux:  wow i love it but i think it would be too much dress for me. and there sooooo heavy πŸ˜‰ i wish they were lighter

The topic ‘Loving the OMBRE Mori Lee 1924!! Anybody tried? Pics? Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors