(Closed) <3 9/21/13 <3

posted 6 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

YAY! That’s exciting. 

Well, we’re getting married this summer so obviously we’ve done a bit more than you. I’d say all of our planning is done, now we just need to pay for it all πŸ™‚

Post # 5
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

YAY! Date Twin!  Best Date ever πŸ™‚ We’ve already booked our venue, photographer, cake, and I’ve been gathering things here and there

Post # 6
1512 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve gathered random supplies, and I have my dress. We’re waiting a bit on the venue because we’re broke πŸ™ I have a couple places in mind though! It’s all very exciting.

Post # 8
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

OMG this is looking to be a reallly popular date lol!!!!!!!! I don’t feel like it’s too far away since there’s just so much planning that a wedding involves. I’m getting all of my major purchases (Dress Venue pics etc.) out of the way first so I don’t have to worry about not getting exact;y what I want or spending too much on smaller details πŸ™‚ Also if I’m done planning my wedding by the begining of next year I caan save more for the honeymoon! ( My fam is paying for most of the wedding but I’m helping, since money’s a little tight)

Post # 9
8 posts
Newbee

Wow. I feel like I’m behind in the game. When telling people the big day is Sept.7th 2013 They are like wow you have plenty of time. When I start to think of ideas and what not one of my sisters is actually like “you have plenty of time why are you even planning yet?”

Should I start making desicions and deposits?

Post # 10
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@WellyBride:  I really think it depends on your situation. Money wise, it worked better for me if I spread everything out and payed things off little by little. The general rules I’ve heard is venue and photogs should be booked a year before ( maybe if it’s popular quicker; My photographer is already booked for 2012 and is now booking for 2013). Dress should be bought AT THE VERY LATEST 6 months before, to leave time for alterations. If your wedding is smaller you have more time. If it’s going to be detailed then I would suggest at least getting a general idea/ looking at places etc.

It’s all up to you really πŸ™‚

Post # 11
125 posts
Blushing bee

Yikes! Your date in Oct 2013 was already taken??? makes me nervous for looking at Sep ’13!

Post # 12
2790 posts
Sugar bee

Yay September 21st!! We are just slowly working our way into the process. I believe within the next 2 weeks we will be booking our photographer, venue, and tent rental. I’m surprised how many vendors are booking up for 2013 so quickly.

Post # 13
22 posts
Newbee

I am getting married on the 22 of September 2013 – Spring Equinox! Already booked my photographers and the venue (ceremony and reception at the same place). Er, already bouhgt some lollies for our lolly buffet too, but I made sure to check the use by date and they will be fine for next year!

Post # 14
11 posts
Newbee

.. HOOORAY FOR US! WEDDING DATE TWINS OR TRIPLES?

Post # 16
120 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hi Twins! Bought my dress in Nov, Booked the venue in Jan, bought my dinner plates on craigslist this month, and now I’m going crazy on every wedding site I can find. Totally hooked on pinterest and all the neat DIY crafts. I’ve got a spreadsheet to keep everything organized. Sometimes I feel weird talking about it to people because its so far away. I don’t want them to get tired of hearing about it since its so far away.

It has surprised me how my vision changed and I’ve been able to refine it in such a short time. Its got me nervous about buying too much decor ahead of time.

Good Tip: since we have so much time its a good idea to subscribe to the used stuff boards so you can collect the items you need as people are selling them. Easy to do with sites that have RSS feeds. i.e. craigslist. I got all the dinner & dessert plates for 125 people for 1/4 of the cost of buying them at a dollar store. Totally eliminated my Fiance fear of serving guests with plastic plates (artsy or not – he thought it would’ve been tacky).

The topic ‘<3 9/21/13 <3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors