(Closed) M&M favors…how much to buy?

posted 8 years ago in Favors
Post # 3
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill

Hey lady!  I’m not sure how big the heart containers are, but I came across this handy candy formula and calculator, based on the popular 2″x2″ favor box.  It even tells you approximate counts per pound.  I hope this helps!  :o)

Post # 5
739 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill

I’m doing alright!  The weather’s been pretty wacky here lately… in the 50s/60s!  I guess I really can’t complain.  It’ll be lovely in April, though… I promise!  :o)

Post # 8
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

My favors are jewelry boxes (~2×3). They have the fiber filler and I’m putting tissue on top of it… With all of that space taken, I still have to put 1 ounce of m&ms per box. My suggestion for you is to buy a big bag of m&ms and weigh how much you actually need per favor. 5 pounds of m&ms on their website is more expensive than buying the 7 oz bags at Michaels (using the 40% off coupons). I am a frequent michaels shopper, so I’m used to going there EVERY week! 🙂 I also like to save money, so don’t listen to me if $ is no object and you don’t want to learn which clerks are fast/slow at michaels (or wherever you found them :)).

The topic ‘M&M favors…how much to buy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors