(Closed) Macys and BB&B: Will they take back registry gifts w/o the receipt?

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

@UpstateCait:  BBB is fabulous about returns with or without a receipt!  We’ve returned a scale recently and we received it over a year ago.  They gave us an in store credit for the amount that it was listed for on our registry page.  BBB is truly the best store to work with for refunds, exchanges, etc.  Plus, the 20% off coupons are “the Bomb”!  lol  (I don’t know anything about Macy’s policies).

Post # 5
3255 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@UpstateCait: Just a heads-up as more gifts come in: one of DH’s coworkers used to work for BB&B, and she said you can actually cash in gift cards from there for cash if you receive an excessive amount and you’re registered with them. I haven’t tested this, but she was an asst. store manager there for a while, so she would probably know!

I’ve returned even non-registry items there without a receipt and gotten in-store credit with no hassle.

I returned a shirt to Macy’s one time without a receipt and they gave me in-store credit, also with no hassle. I can only assume they would be even more lenient with registry items.

Good luck! Glad to hear you got a good stash at your shower the other day!

Post # 7
2190 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@UpstateCait: my experience with Macy’s wasn’t great. We couldn’t return anything that was bought off our registry unless we wanted it on a Macy’s gift card…kind of a pain. BB&B on the other hand, was awesome.

The topic ‘Macys and BB&B: Will they take back registry gifts w/o the receipt?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors