(Closed) Made an account just to share: Sol387 in Rose Gold

posted 4 years ago in Rings
Post # 16
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
lhova :  I have the same ring. Size 6.75 finger. 7mm F1 moissy. 

Post # 17
4 posts
Wannabee

@lilsweetie thank you!

@ama0219 oooooooh my goodness it’s beautiful! I’ve been stalking the crap out of the MoissaniteCo Instagram page which is another great reference for a ton of their ring designs and stones in real life and not just on the website with the computer generated image. I think it’s even better seeing peoples rings on here though, because you can see what they look like on all different finger sizes. I’ve always loved the BE Luna setting and was ecstatic to see that MoissaniteCo has an exact replica of that setting. It’s just so timeless, simple, and elegant. I like the plain wedding band as well- I love how it doesn’t take focus away from the stone. I wear a size 7.75/8, but it’s not as wide or full as some other size 8 fingers that I have seen shared on here, so I am still not sure if I want to get a 1.25 carat/7mm or a 1.5 carat 7.5 mm stone. I don’t want it to look so big that it’s obviously not a diamond- don’t get me wrong I love some bling, but I don’t like gaudy. I just want whatever size stone I get to look in proportion to my finger without being overstated or exaggerated. I think that I’m leaning more towards the 1.25 carat/7mm Forever One Hearts & Arrows colorless round stone in 14k white gold, and for $914 for the engagement ring AND the wedding band, how the hell can you beat it!? It’s a beautiful thing when you can find exactly what you’ve always wanted (literally- I’ve been in love with the Luna style setting for like 8 years now) without having to take on any debt to get it! I did browse the Brilliant Earth moissanite stones that you can buy and then have put into a setting, and to me I feel like their prices are somewhat inflated. I inquired with the online customer service as to where/who they get their moissanites from, and they said that they couldn’t disclose that information. That is partially why I feel their prices are a little inflated, especially since I’ve seen other brides with BE rings and when I compare the MoissaniteCo settings/stones to the BE, I don’t see any difference other than what I know they must have spent. That settles the score for me when it comes to where I decide to get my ring from someday. Plus I kinda hate that with BE you can only choose from 18k gold or platinum for the Luna. I won’t go 18k because I know it’s softer than 14k and I want a tougher, more durable setting for my ring since I plan on wearing it all the time (when I do get it someday). With that being said, the only option I’d be left with is platinum which is more money than I’d want to spend, especially on top of their inflated stone prices. MoissaniteCo just seems like the best option when looking to get the best bang for your buck. The day I get this sucker on my finger can’t come fast enough! 😉

Post # 18
137 posts
Blushing bee

Your ring is gorgeous! Im thinking about changing my order to rose gold too cus i think it looks stunning xx 

Post # 19
4 posts
Wannabee

There is also another board titled SHOW ME THE MOISSY!!!! and there was a post by a bee named @christina-joy and she shared pictures and a link to a video of her 7mm/1.25c sol387 in rose gold. Her ring size is a 5.25, and that was a great reference that had helped me make my choice in regards to how big I’d want my own future stone. All of these bezels are absolutely stunning!

Post # 20
543 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
lhova :  Moissanite Co to as definitely great to deal with. No complaints at all. I paid for the overnight shipping because I could wait for it to get to me lol. The 7mm gives a lot of finger coverage without looking fake or gaudy. I don’t think I could’ve gone much bigger without feeling like I was wearing something more costume jewelry like. It definitely can withstand abuse too. I wear it 24/7, and I have had absolutely no issues with it at all. I do a mixture of office work and cleaning at my job so it takes some abuse lol.

View original reply
kkaur993 :  Thank you! Rose gold is my new love. It’s just so pretty and feminine. My other rings have been white gold, but there’s just something about rose gold that I am smitten with. 

Post # 21
366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

View original reply
ama0219 :  I looooooove this ring so much — and I love seeing it in rose gold! I have a metal allergy so I think I’ll have to stick with platinum or palladium to be safe, but rose gold makes me drool. And I love the classic, clean, simple lines of the bezel! I’m a medical student going into pediatrics, so it’s important for me to have something that won’t scratch a flailing child, easy to clean (i.e. doesn’t have tons of little grooves and prongs and divots where who knows what can linger), and doesn’t tear gloves. Bezels seem perfect for that! And that size looks awesome on you. My fingers are 6-6.5, so similar to yours, and I think the 7mm is perfect for you so probably would be for me too. I can’t really find any in mall jewelry stores to try on, though — did you find one in stores ahead of time to try on for reference, or did you just order your ring without knowing what it’d look like on your hand? When the time comes, I might see if my SO would want to make a trip to the Brilliant Earth showroom to try on the Luna just to make sure I love it in person and to confirm the right size for my finger.

Post # 22
4 posts
Wannabee

@nalastardust if you go to the MoissaniteCo website and click on sizing, they offer to send out a free plastic ring sizer to you so that you can measure your finger at home and have a solid idea of what your ring size is. I know it doesn’t help as far seeing the size of the stones on your own finger, but at least you’ll know what size to order your future ring(s) in! I’ve been deciding on carat size based off of all of the photos all the lovely people on weddingbee boards have been sharing. I love that MoissaniteCo offers the free plastic ring sizer to their potential customers.

Post # 23
543 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
nalastardust :  Thank you! No, I didn’t try the size on before I ordered it. I actually ordered the 6.5mm one then changed it to the 7mm. I was worried that the bezel would cover the stone too much so I got the one that was a little bigger. I’m very clumsy so I needed something with no prongs. The ring I returned from a chain store had the prongs come loose twice in the three weeks I had it. I wear this one all the time even to bed and haven’t had one issue. I think it’ll be perfect for you since you’re dealing with kids all the time in a medical setting. Bezels are very hard to find anywhere unless they’re online. I have yet to see one at any jewelry store in my town. I’m very happy with my purchase though. I can’t say enough about Moissanite Co and my ring. 

Post # 24
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

View original reply
vitterviak :  Fellow imgurian?

The topic ‘Made an account just to share: Sol387 in Rose Gold’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors