Maggie Sottero – ADALEE.. Anyone tried on this 2013 collection gown?!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
879 posts
Busy bee

I haven’t tried it on, but checking on bestbridalprices.com and they have it listed for $1679.  That website is usually a good gauge as to what the dress will be selling for at your local salon.

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi

Adalee is the dress i have chosen, i love it and am having it with a belt!! I paid £1480 english pounds, hope this helps

Post # 7
3417 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Lodge

I bought Alana but before I bought her I was obsessed and HAD to find out the price. Alana was going to be my 2nd dress purchase after having dress regret with my first. I went to http://www.bestbridalprices.com to see what they were retailing the price at. When I finally found a bridal shop that sold Alana the website was spot on with price. It was actually nice to know the price before trying the dress on so I didn’t experience any sticker shock. Although it was still more than my original budget by $1000 so together with my first dress I almost tripled my budget :-$. And I did have a mild panic/anxiety attack writing a check to pay for her. But that’s another story lol.

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I bought Adalee and love it… Way prettier in person then the pics on the website. Train is long and detail is top notch. I am adding a belt to it. I am a street size 4 and bought a 6. I am a B cup, 5’7. Depicted is a sample size 8 the corset tied tight almost to where it’s closed completely. I got the one size smaller hoping to open the corset a bit more to show detail and get rid of the inch of space I had in the lower hip part under the butt. We shall see if that was a good move…the dress arrives in June. Here are some pics to share…hope this helps another bride out. 

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I tried on the Adalee just the other day.  It’s a BEAUTIFUL dress !!!  The train is quite long and the lace detail is so beautiful.  The bottom is very dramatic – just what I was looking for. The construction of the bodice is one of the main reasons I also loved the dress.  It’s very stiff and really holds you in – great quality. Lots of sparkle on the bodice too.  I also tried it on with a beaded belt and it really completed the look.  If you can order the dress for your height, that would be recommended. The store I was in (had the dress priced at $1,980) but they said it only came in one length and I would have to have it hemmed once it came in.  With the intricate scalloped bottom, the saleslady said it would cost $350 in alterations just to hem it.  That was the only thing that turned me off – knowing that I would safely have to budget another $500 in alterations.  I’m 5″8″ and the sample dress (size 12) was way too long on me. I loved the dress but I figured it would be a $3,000 total price tag once I added in the belt and alterations.

Post # 11
296 posts
Helper bee

Its way to big for now I can’t wait to get it to fit right I bought the sample a size 10  going  to be taken in to fit a size 6 and 5 ft frame.

Post # 12
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@lovelypinky40:  I bought the Adalee, too! I am also a size 6 / bought size 10 and five foot lol I’m so happy to see that you sat down in your dress. I forgot to! I have seen many bees say they weren’t completely comfortable and weren’t sure if they could sit.

Post # 14
296 posts
Helper bee

awe you look Gorgeous!!!!

Post # 15
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2013

i bought this dress aswell. It just arrived on monday,i finally had my first fitting its so beautiful i had no problems walking in it at all i love it.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors