(Closed) Maggie Sottero Bernadette (Spring 2011)

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 167
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@junesun62:  I was planning on cutting the sleeves off, but once I saw them, I just couldn’t do it!! (see my dilemma here: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-dress-is-in-but-now-i-have-a-question-for-you-pics)I still am a little undecided, but I figure it’s better to wait… if I chop them off now, there’s no going back! 

Now that the dress is my size, the back seems much lower than when I tried on the sample so I wonder if it’s even possible to remove the sleeves and have the dress stay up all night. 

Post # 168
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@cherryblossomlove:  I don’t remember the brand of my slip but I will look when I get home tonight.  I paid around $69 if I remember right.  Probably a little to much.  I think that Davids Bridal has a very similar one but I am not sure on the price of that either.  I saw it on another board.

View original reply
@junesun62:  Wow it looks so different w/o the belt.  I agree that it does really define your tiny waist!  It looks great!! I like the sparkle so I am keeping mine but it is cool to see the difference!

View original reply
@Nicoley1985:  I was wondering what you decided ๐Ÿ™‚ I think once the top is fitted to you you will really like it.  But like you said you can always chop them off ๐Ÿ™‚ Did your seamstress seem concerned about it staying up with the low back?

I go to my second fitting next Monday.  I am so excited to try it on w/o the boning and the back laying flat.  I hopefully will not need anymore done to it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 170
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hi, I am from australia and i am going to purchase this dress.

I loved the look of the Cathedral Mantila Veil but unfortunatly here in Australia it is very difficult to find. Do any of your wedding shops where you purchased your dress from have the veil that would match this dress??? if so could you pass on their details to me and maybe i can purchase from them and get shipped to either my friend in New York or here to australia?

Thank you so much in advance for any help.

Louise

(desperate Aussie bride looking for veil)

Post # 171
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This may sound stupid, but I’ve been hsving a hard time finding a pair of comfortable, unique shoes to go with this dress.Any suggestions?

Post # 172
228 posts
Helper bee

Well I am wearing 5″ heals.  Mine aren’t that unique but they are comfortable and they go with the gold in the dress.

Post # 173
130 posts
Blushing bee

prettty!

I bought theses, but returned them because I didnt think they matched. Maybe I’m being too picky.

Post # 174
130 posts
Blushing bee

Holy giant foot, Batman…sorry about that.

Post # 175
228 posts
Helper bee

I was picky because I knew I needed a high heel so I wouldn’t need a hem and I really wanted something closed toe because I hate my toes sticking out.  I also wanted something I knew I could wear again.  The problem is that I love them and now I want to wear them everywhere!

I know when I tell people I am wearing 5″ heels and they tell me I am going to kill myself but they are really comfortable and easy to walk it.  I am so pumped to wear them!!

Post # 176
2592 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

Thanks!! I kinda had an inkling that it was merry modes:) I want my allure sleeves to be altered like this dress.  It’s so pretty!!! All of you look great 

Post # 177
2592 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

• Maybe someone will like these if you aren’t fond of heels or just want something comfy and sweet:).From dyeablesshoestore.com. They can be dyed and they tie into a bow in the back. I want to look up to Fiance not be eye level ! I’m 5’4 and he is 5’10 with shoes on 

Post # 178
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wooooo, amazing dress!!!

Post # 179
56 posts
Worker bee

I’m wearing these babies, Caparros Sarina Pump, in lilac. I’ll be getting dr. scholls ball of food gels and solemates for the heels. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 180
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Here are my shoes.. I like the bling bling look haha! so of course i went with gold bling shoes! and I gotta say they were the most comfortable heels Ive worn in a loong time!! or maybe i was just numb all day?? haha! either way I love them!

SOrry if they come out big!!! lol for me the strap is what made this shoe soo comfy! I didnt have to worry about it falling off, I was strapped and secure! haha!

Post # 181
130 posts
Blushing bee

@KittyQuick: I love those! What brand are they? T-straps make shoes a lot more comfortable for me, too.

Thanks for the flsts link, but I do want around a 3 inch heel. I just wish Born or Aerosoles made evening/special event shoes. I’d be cool with that.

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Bernadette (Spring 2011)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors