(Closed) Maggie Sottero Bernadette (Spring 2011)

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 197
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Wrkn925 I brought that same photo with me to my hair stylist this weekend for my hair trial! I just love the texture. I ended up with different styles of waves all the way around my head using different techniques until we found the ones we liked best. It’s not a quick hair style, that’s for sure. I hope that she can pull it off come the morning of the wedding!

Post # 198
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Oh I love seeing everyone in this dress and the different ways everyone is styling it! I went with the ivory over light gold Bernadette myself and I’m going for my first fitting in a couple of weeks, so I have to get my shoes before the fitting. I fell in love with the Badgely Mischka “Lacie” shoe a long time ago and have been trying to find something similar that’s cheaper, but I really couldn’t find anything I liked that much, UNTIL I found a cheap knock-off version. Here’s the Bridesmaid or Best Man shoe:

And here is the knock-off:

It does look like the knock-off has gold in the brooch while the Bridesmaid or Best Man version is silver, so I was worried about that as I was planning to accessorize with pearl, crystal and silver jewelry. But since the dress is ivory over light gold, I’m thinking I can get away with having some gold in the accessories? And I see a lot of you are doing gold as well, so I’m glad to see it can be done!

Anyway the shoes are going to be delivered today, so we’ll see how they look and feel and go from there! I feel like shoes are one of the more important things since they dictate whether we trip going down the aisle, how much pain our feet will be in all day, etc. Everyone’s all like, “no one will see them anyway under your dress!” but they do show and there’s more to the shoe decision than just what they look like!

Post # 199
21 posts
Newbee

@junesun62:  I decided to remove the sparkly belt too!  I was a little bit on the fence, but it’s much more “me” without it and I’m glad I decided to take it off.  Thanks for the idea, I wouldn’t have had the guts to do it without your suggestion and photo!  

Post # 200
56 posts
Worker bee

@bridester Yay! Congrats on taking the plunge and going sans belt! The belt is a great detail in the dress but nothing is lost without it. 

The ultimate thanks goes to the consultant at the first shop where I tried on the dress, who, after hearing me rule it out (what was I thinking?!) because it was too sparkly, immediately took off the belt and made me try it back on. I’m sooooo grateful to her for taking apart a brand new sample dress for me. She sold me on the dress but their crazy alteration fees make me buy the dress elsewhere.

Post # 201
56 posts
Worker bee

@Tina.Baker Your wedding is only a few days away! Good luck with all of your final prepartions! Hope that you’ll share a photo or two of you in your dress. 

Post # 202
228 posts
Helper bee

@junesun62:  Thank you!! I will post pictures asap.  I am so excited!! Everything is pretty set so I am just sitting here waiting… wish it was Friday already!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 203
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This video was on another Bernadette related forum, hope it’s ok to share it! Another beautiful bride in the dress!

http://vimeo.com/36122396

Post # 204
21 posts
Newbee

@junesun62:  Just wondering how your fittings have been going since our dates are so close to eachother!  You mentioned that you thought the bust was still puckering a bit, and I am definitely having that problem too.  I just went in to pick it up, and it is still not quite right.  They took the boning out, but now it seems like there is not enough structure in the dress to keep it from buckling/wrinkling in the middle.  I’m worried that there is actually nothing they can do.  Have they fixed it for you?

Post # 205
56 posts
Worker bee

@bridester I haven’t had a fitting since I posted back in April. πŸ™ I’m going again for my “final” on June 9. I was hoping that the puckering would go away when they steam the dress. Although if it is still bothering me I might ask them to sew the cups in tigher to the dress to help it keep it’s shape. Not sure if there are any other solutions…

Post # 206
21 posts
Newbee

Ok, thanks for responding!  I also was hoping steaming would take care of it (so was my seamstress), but it didn’t.  I’ll let you know if they come up with any solutions this week!

Post # 207
21 posts
Newbee

Hi to all dress twins!  I just wanted to check in and tell you all that I picked up my dress after several fittings, and it fits me perfectly!  I have had a bit of anxiety about this dress ever since purchasing it, but now it finally feels like mine.  To anyone with issues with the bust fitting correctly (it seems like a common problem with this dress- pointy boobs, buckling in the middle, too big in general), I want to tell you how my seamstress fixed it.  She took the boning out and added cups, but then also tucked a horizontal section of it in the middle of the bust and camouflaged the seam with lace/beading.  You would never know and now it lays perfectly.  No buckling or weird wrinkling in the middle!  πŸ™‚

Post # 208
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@bridester:  That’s awesome! I hope your wedding day is beautiful. 

4 more months until I get to wear this beauty.

…and I decided on shoes!

Super comfy and pretty enough. Mostly comfy.

Post # 209
228 posts
Helper bee

We just got back from our honeymoon and I wanted to put one picture up before we get some of the pro ones back.  Here is my mom and I πŸ™‚

We took some amazing ones with horses I cant wait to show you all πŸ™‚

I never heard so many times how beautiful I was and so many guys (actual men) came up and said how amazing my dress was.  I hope you all get the same great reaction.  I know you will because the dress makes all of you stunning!!!!

More pics to come πŸ™‚ 

Post # 210
56 posts
Worker bee

Congratulations, Tina.Baker! You look Stunning! Thanks for sharing a photo!

Post # 211
228 posts
Helper bee

@junesun62:  Thank you πŸ™‚ you are getting married soon!! So exciting!!!

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Bernadette (Spring 2011)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors