(Closed) Maggie Sottero Bernadette (Spring 2011)

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 377
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@purple_sofia:  yes, I was planning on having the seamstress take out the boning, but when I got it in after I ordered it, the boning was already removed. I guess the company realizes more people remove the boning. 

Post # 378
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@meganlambright:  

the dress looks lovely on you!

can I ask, did you go with the standard length? And how tall are you?

im just trying to figure out what length I will need, as I’m considering getting a petite

Post # 379
137 posts
Blushing bee

@bridester:  

thanks Bridester!

my local preloved wedding shop are hopefully getting one in next week, which will be great as being able to try it on. It’s one size too big so will have to find out about alterations

Post # 380
6 posts
Newbee

@KateS77:  thank you! Yes I did get the petite because I am only 5’3″ and they still had to take quite a bit off!

Post # 381
36 posts
Newbee

@meganlambright:  I am just shy of 5′ 2 and I ordered petit. I haven’t had my alterations done  yet but it seems I’ll need around 5″ off. I’m not a heel wear-er which is a bummer because FH is 6’2! 

Post # 382
6 posts
Newbee

@soontobeford:  well I ordered a 6 knowing that I had to get the length altered but I also ordered a 6 because I’m not quite a 4. But I wish they would have told me that this is a very difficult dress to alter the actual size. my seamstress told me they can’t take it in on the sides but they will try to go through the zipper. Good thing it fits better than I thought because if it would have been any bigger on me, I’d have no way of fixing it!

Post # 383
36 posts
Newbee

@meganlambright:  Oy! That was close. Luckily an 8 fits me perfectly through the sides so I guess I should watch not to gain/lose even 5 pounds! This dress is amazing though. I can’t wait to see your pictures, you’re almost my date twin. 

Post # 384
137 posts
Blushing bee

I’m still trying to get my hands on a Maggie Sottero Bernadette in ivory overy gold, thought I was close to getting one but no joy yet!

Post # 385
6 posts
Newbee

You should be able to order it from any bridal shop that carries Maggie sottero. Most of the sample dresses are in ivory over light gold. I ordered mine in ivory. 

Post # 386
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Had a fitting today (dress finally arrived 10 1/2 months later!). I ordered a size 10 in regular length. I need it taken in arond the waist and hips. I also asked to remove the boning which it seemed like she knew she would do and add in cups. Although I am 5’6″, the regular length still needed to be hemmed with my 3″ heels!  I thought I would be able to do without hemming but it was still about 1″-2″ too long. I also went with the over (American?) bustle for the lace and the satin underneath will be a french bustle. This tactic made the bustle less heavy.  Here are some pics of me all tucked and pinned as I was getting fitted.

Post # 387
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@meganlambright all of my alterations to make the dress fit better along the waist and hips were done along the side seams. I don’t know how the seamstress did it, but she made it fit me like a glove. They should be able to take it in from the sides. 

Post # 388
367 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@meganlambright:  I felt just as you did but I had my first fitting this past weekend and I lost some weight since the dress was ordered 10 months ago. The dress is a size 10 but now I am more like an 8 or even a 6!  The seasmtress did not mention any problem making the alterations. She is taking it in the waist, shoulders and hemming it (and bustle of course). Now actually, I believe she said she cannot take it in from the hips. I know that my hip measurement has gone down a few inches and I am just remembering her saying this now. the waist is being taken in through the zipper in the back.

Post # 389
137 posts
Blushing bee

@meganlambright:  

Unfortunatley the Bridal shop said its too late to order now for my April wedding, so will definitly be looking for a sample/pre worn Bernadette

I’m sure something will turn up 😉

Post # 390
8 posts
Newbee

What size are you after. I was considering selling my dress. I bought an 8 but had it taken in so it’s probably closer to a 6!

Post # 391
137 posts
Blushing bee

@ClaireLogan:  

Hi Claire, I’m a UK 8-10

(bust 34C, waist 27 and hips 37)

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero Bernadette (Spring 2011)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors