(Closed) Maggie Sottero “Calista” or White by Vera Wang “VW351023” … Help!

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 18
Hostess
7103 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

The Calista definetly, so flattering.

Post # 19
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Also, just wanted to add that whilst a PP thinks that the Calista does not have a vintage feel, I have to disagree- I really think it does! I don’t think a dress needs to be lacey to have a vintage style- I think the Calista is totally old Hollywood, vintage glam, whilst the Vera has a more cute, traditional vintage feel to it- my grandma’s wedding dress was very similar.

Accessories can add to the vintage feel of your outfit, too- type of veil, fascinator, etc

Post # 20
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Calista!!! it looks stunning!!! 

Post # 21
936 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am going to go with Keep Looking.  I agree with the PPs that said the Maggie is more flattering, but the VW is more your theme.  What about the Maggie Karena Royale?

Post # 22
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I love the Calista, although personal preference – I’d see if they can put the belt above the diagonal draping.  I agree with the others that said this particular dress flatters you more than the Vera.  But there are definitely plenty of ballgowny dresses that use lace if lace=vintage for you.

You might try Enzoani for some flattering lace dresses, though I don’t know their price point.

Post # 23
1065 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Both of these pictures are of you?

Post # 24
1741 posts
Bumble bee

I think the MAggie looks more flattering based mostly on the angle at which the photo has been taken. However, I agree with the idea to keep looking and find something that fits your hteme and your body. I would also say the Maggie is more modern with its ruching and general sillouette.

Post # 25
768 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

The Maggie is gorgeous on you, but the Vera has a more vintage romantic feel.  I can see your dilemma!  I absolutely love the Maggie, though! 

Post # 26
15 posts
Newbee

nooo! the vera!!! 🙂 ITS SOOOO PRETTY …. and it’s sooo lady like… So feminine!!! I love!!

Post # 27
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Maggie hands down..

Post # 28
27 posts
Newbee

Maggie for sure!! It looks great on you!

Post # 29
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I say the Vera! I think it is just as flattering as the Calista, if not more so because you don’t have all that fabric around your waist! I think it is timeless and beautiful, and you look gorgeous in it!

Post # 30
37 posts
Newbee

The Vera Wang is soooo pretty.

Post # 31
2166 posts
Buzzing bee

Being a military wife myself, I can get the jist of your wedding vibe I think.

Forgive me if I may say this but I prefer the strapless style on you, but don’t love *that* dress, and I like the second dress, but the style is not as flattering on you.

Weightloss or not, you look fantastic in a strapless 🙂

The topic ‘Maggie Sottero “Calista” or White by Vera Wang “VW351023” … Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors